Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Adventurers Advent (Read 288 times)

S&M Collector

Not sure if this is of interest to any of you assholes, but here is the link: http://www.oysterracingseries.com/ They're holding one in Nashville on 9/6. Another opportunity to try to finish something faster than somebody else, if you are looking for ways to get rid that monetary surplus.
    Come across any cool medals lately?
    JakeKnight

Didn't Candice do one of these a while back?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Didn't Candice do one of these a while back?
        I was supposed to but Deanna bailed on me and stayed in Florida that weekend...so we lost our entry money. Of course, she payed for it...so i'm not complaining. Anyway...DUDE! I wanna do this. Anyone wanna do it with?

JakeKnight

Sounds like a blast. But it also sounds like I'd have to spend a couple grand just buying the "mandatory" equipment. And that's if I bought a cheap bike. Maybe someday.
          Official Gear List: Mandatory Personal Equipment (to be carried at all times) • Race organization provided racing number to be visible over all other clothing • We strongly encourage you to carry spare cash/change as it may be needed on the course Mandatory Team Equipment (to be carried at all times) • First Aid Kit suitable for 3 persons (See below for a list of specific items) • 1 compass or GPS or map • 1 cellular phone • 1 writing utensil Mandatory Individual Bike Equipment • Road Bike • Bike Helmet Mandatory Individual In-Line Skate Equipment • In-line skates OR non-motorized scooter • Bike or Skate Helmet • Wrist guards and knee guards are recommended Mandatory Team Rafting/Creeking Equipment (If you elect to provide your own, although the race will supply): • 1 floatation device suitable for 3 people (i.e. kayak, canoe) - or, if a family of 4, suitable for 4 people • OR 3 separate floatation devices suitable for 1 person each (inner-tube or board) - if family section needs to raft/creek, we will provide all equipment • All competitors must wear a life vest and helmets while competeing in this aspect of the race. Race will provide, but you can bring your own. Mandatory First Aid Kit • ¾” adhesive bandages • 1 Ace bandage • Mole Skin • Antibiotic ointment packet • Electrolyte replacement tablets • Sunscreen • Tylenol or equivalent Recommended Personal Equipment (Not mandatory) • Polar Fleece top • Biking shirt • Long sleeve t-shirt • Water/wind resistant shell • Water bottles or water bladder • 2 pairs of shoes • Protective in-line skate gear • Sun glasses Recommended Team Equipment • Multi-tool • 2 spare Tubes • Patch Kit • Extra compass • 1 waterproof map/passport holder

S&M Collector

Sheesh. I didn't actually read through much of the info. I'd be a maybe if Team Nashville Mini-Swamp was looking to put together a contingency. I did see a picture of somebody on Rollerblades. That scares me. I dont' get along with rollerblades.

S&M Collector

WTF. Me think the equipment needs are more complex than a Rolling Stones rider.
                I have all that stuff. Does that make me weird?

S&M Collector

I have all that stuff. Does that make me weird?
                  No. Having all that stuff isn't what makes you weird.
                    I think i'm going to have to do this with cyclist/triathlete friends....a road bike isn't something most people just have lying around.

JakeKnight

Big grin Nice. I didn't know anybody had in-line skates anymore. Strangest thing on the list: you have an option of a compass OR a GPS? Wouldn't option B give you a hella big advantage? Maybe I don't understand the game. Which reminds me, I just lost the game.

What is it, then?

Strangest thing on the list: you have an option of a compass OR a GPS? Wouldn't option B give you a hella big advantage?
                          I wondered the same thing...but since I have both, i'll bring both, and see which is more fitting.

Damnitt. I have a weekend class that weekend. Fuck. I might drop the class if anyone wants to do it with me.

S&M Collector

What is it, then?
                              I don't have enough time to elaborate right now. It would cut too much time into my workday. Wink
                                I don't have enough time to elaborate right now. It would cut too much time into my workday. Wink
                                This is a problem why?