Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Candice (Read 364 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, I'd love to run with you the last 10k @ CMM Big grin

The Thunder

Yes, I'd love to run with you the last 10k @ CMM Big grin
      Why would you want someone to pace you here? I never understood this. This is a serious question for me. I see this 1 of 2 ways. 1. You feel good, and are rollin, so why the heck do you need a pacer? 2. You feel bad and are strugglin, do you really want someone fresh there to remind you how crummy you feel? Just my thoughts.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I'm with you, The Thunder. Pacing, particularly at the end of a race, is the last thing I can imagine wanting. But it obviously really helps some people. I don't know if there's a connection between training (particularly long runs) with other people or not. I do 95% of my training alone, so suddenly having someone alongside me, talking, encouraging, or just running the pace I "need" to run really throws me off. I tried it once and had to tell the person to leave. Or maybe I'm just a crotchety, old anti-socialite.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Shelby park is ugly. Candice is cute.

The Thunder

I'm with you, The Thunder. Pacing, particularly at the end of a race, is the last thing I can imagine wanting. But it obviously really helps some people. I don't know if there's a connection between training (particularly long runs) with other people or not. I do 95% of my training alone, so suddenly having someone alongside me, talking, encouraging, or just running the pace I "need" to run really throws me off. I tried it once and had to tell the person to leave. Or maybe I'm just a crotchety, old anti-socialite.
            Maybe that's my deal too...I like to run alone. Trent, if you "Race" a marathon, which I know is a new thing for you, you won't care about the scenery at mile 23. Trust me on this one.

I'm with The Thunder and Tanya on this...I'm in no shape to be around people the last 10K. I've never tried it though...maybe it would help.

Why is it sideways?

The angry hippie comes out at mile 22. The angry hippie HATES. The angry hippie will take friendly pacers and break them into little pieces while smearing the asphalt with their bodily fluids. So, sure, I'd love a pacer. Just stay the fuck away from me and quit talking to me.
                  I LOVE this time of year!!

I dunno, Jeff pacing me last year at CMM really helped mentally. It really broke up the run for me. I kept telling myself just to make it to him on pace and then i'd have someone to take my mind off it the last few miles. Ben's pacing me the entire (Boston) marathon next weekend...I think it's going to help a ton. Of course, I like running with people. MTA: See you at mile 20 of CMM Trent.

The Thunder

I dunno, Jeff pacing me last year at CMM really helped mentally. It really broke up the run for me. I kept telling myself just to make it to him on pace and then i'd have someone to take my mind off it the last few miles. Ben's pacing me the entire (Boston) marathon next weekend...I think it's going to help a ton. Of course, I like running with people. MTA: See you at mile 20 of CMM Trent.
                      Yeah, different strokes for different folks. I would HATE this. In fact there's a good chance I'll trip Ben at CMM if he and Ramsey are running too close to me. Ooops. Big grin

Why is it sideways?

I agree that it can be helpful. Different strokes for different folks, as they say. But if you disagree with me then screw off.
                          I'd like to point out that both Jeff and Thunder wrote: "Different strokes for different folks" at the exact same time. Ironical-like.

the entire (Boston) marathon next weekend....
                            Thanks for clarifying this. For the life of me, I would not have known what marathon you were racing next week.

The Thunder

I'd like to point out that both Jeff and Thunder wrote: "Different strokes for different folks" at the exact same time. Ironical-like.
                              Wow. Jeff...GETOUTOFMYHEAD!

Why is it sideways?

Thanks for clarifying this. For the life of me, I would not have known what marathon you were racing next week.
                                Snarktastic.