Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Going pretend tent camping... (Read 276 times)

Yep. So Shan, if you get bored Sunday night before you leave and wanna run, or eat, or something, give me a call. I should be back in town that afternoon. Get my number from Trent. If not, well, sorry I missed ya. But i'll see you in November Big grin You kids have fun now. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. (Except for run slow, you can run slow) Peace out, yo.

Heh. You just reminded me of this. Just sayin'
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hi Scout! Wanna go tent camping with me?
          Scout isn't a member here. And to answer your text message Trent (sorry, had bad reception at the campsite)...I already told you I wasn't running Monkey. Stephen said Monkey = bad idea with what i'm going to do for fall training (i.e. to get faster before Boston training) I really am bummed actually. I'll help out again though.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, but you also said you would run Monkey. Scout knows more than you realize. Wink
              Well I wanted to. I still want to. That doesn't mean I should. And I made this groups threads viewable to only those who are members.

This group's forum is viewable by members only, btw.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

1. Join group 2. View forum 3. Leave group
                    1. Join group 2. View forum 3. Leave group
                    So that's what has been going on with the phantom new member notice... Big grin
                      I already told you I wasn't running Monkey. Stephen said Monkey = bad idea with what i'm going to do for fall training (i.e. to get faster before Boston training) .
                      Hum. I attribute the '06 Monkey and the summer/fall training I did for it for (in part--but a large part) taking 18 minutes off my spring marathon time. I can see where a coach might warn against too much hill running/training in that it could lead to injury, but generally hills make you stronger and faster, not the opposite. I always think of what good old what's-his-face said: Hills are speedwork in disguise.

Yea. I can see that. It was hard not to register. Question.... Anyone who's ran the monkey in the past (besides Trent because he's biased)... do you feel the recovery was just like any other marathon?

I found the recovery time this past year to be less than what it had taken me to recover from CMM 7 months earlier. But it was about the same recovery time I needed after Boston 5 months later. In other words, the recovery time, for me, was the same or a little less..

JakeKnight

In other words, the recovery time, for me, was the same or a little less..
                            Ditto. Admittedly I didn't push it as hard as I could have since I knew I wasn't PRing the stupid thing anyway. But 3:49 wasn't exactly slow for me at the time. I actually think all the hills and constantly changing terrain make it less of a pounding on your body. You could always just come run it as a long easy training run.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

Why is it sideways?

Yea. I can see that. It was hard not to register. Question.... Anyone who's ran the monkey in the past (besides Trent because he's biased)... do you feel the recovery was just like any other marathon?
                              IMHO, you could run it easy/moderate without it setting you back much at all. I think you can recover faster because of the terrain variation--you actually get to vary up the muscle groups. MTA: Yeah--what JK said. And what Tanya said.
                              JakeKnight

Jeff, shouldn't Trent have that avatar?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------