Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Striders 5k (Read 286 times)

JakeKnight

Stupid question time: do we have to register for the 5k? Or just show up? Do our dues cover the entry cost?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

Yes, or yes (but then you have to register), yes.

I won and i'm not going to be there. Instead, i'm going to be wearing goofy pastel shower caps and spandex Saturday morning. I think I asked one of you guys to get my award...nevermind that. Instead, can someone just tell Peter to bring it to Bongo to Bongo on Sunday? I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance Wink

JakeKnight

Yes, or yes (but then you have to register), yes.
          So is there a way to pre-register or should I just show up that morning? You're so cryptic.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

So is there a way to pre-register or should I just show up that morning? .
            You could have pre-registered by mailing in a form (can't do it online), but you can fill out the form the morning of...just a waiver so that the Striders aren't responsible if you blow up or something during the race.

Lazy idiot

the Striders aren't responsible if you blow up or something during the race.
              But if you do blow up, try to get it on YouTube, JK. That would be "funny".

Tick tock

S&M Collector

So, do they give awards for this race or is it more of a kum by yah thanks for being a member, everybody is a winner, type of race?
                Come across any cool medals lately?
                  Mostly a kum by yah event. I was the overall female winner last year (which gives you an idea of how non-competitive the women's field was--men's was much more competitive), and I got a Striders travel cup. (!) Very small race--90 people last year. Fun, though, and lots of incredibly bad for you food at the finish.

What are the grand prix awards, usually?

I don't know what they usually are, but last year I think they were some kind of picnic backpack. It looked only moderately dorky, comparatively speaking. I wish they'd give something runners would actually use.

I actually use that backpack we got at the urban 10k. I've been using it as my transition bag at triathlons since i'm too cheap to buy a real one. But a picnic bag...I don't get it. Is it made of straw?

S&M Collector

I wish they'd give something runners would actually use.
                          I got a Striders travel cup. (!)
                          Wouldn't this be something that a runner could use? Especially during this particular week. Wink
                          Come across any cool medals lately?
                            Wouldn't this be something that a runner could use? Especially during this particular week. Wink
                            Striders cup with alcohol in it. Worlds collide.