Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

What does... (Read 358 times)

"All American" mean when it comes to running standards? Anything? Nothing? I came across a site that listed qualifying times for "All American Standards of Excellence" for men and women 30 and older. Some of the times seemed totally lame. Then I noticed that you can (if you're an extreme flaming dork) order a nice patch for ten bucks if you have run a race fast enough to be an "All American." So, is this just some kind of moneymaking fiasco, or are these actual standards that running dweebs strive for? Sorry in advance for asking a running-related question.

Lazy idiot

Tick tock

Click
        Thanks. Who knew this was already a Berner-Drop-the-Atom-Bomb dead horse topic? I agree with Mikey and Jeff. It appears to be a bunch of extremely average standards made up for the sake of selling garbage to has-beens.

Lazy idiot

Thanks. Who knew this was already a Berner-Drop-the-Atom-Bomb dead horse topic? I agree with Mikey and Jeff. It appears to be a bunch of extremely average standards made up for the sake of selling garbage to has-beens.
          Word.

Tick tock

The Thunder

Well I for one am pissed that I can't be "All American" until I turn 40. I'll have to just be All American in the heart of my sweetie-honeybee. MTA-That's Trent of course.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Well I for one am pissed that I can't be "All American" until I turn 40. .
              But you can! The nifty patches and certificates are available to nerds aged 30 and older. Get yours today!!

The Thunder

But you can! The nifty patches and certificates are available to nerds aged 30 and older. Get yours today!!
                Where's the link to these standards?

The Greatest of All Time

I think it's lame too.
                  all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                    http://www.nationalmastersnews.com/standards/index.html The track standards are way more realistic, but still seem slow for something that's presented as being a "standard of excellence." mta: you're going there to get your patch, right Thunder?

The Thunder

http://www.nationalmastersnews.com/standards/index.html The track standards are way more realistic, but still seem slow for something that's presented as being a "standard of excellence." mta: you're going there to get your patch, right Thunder?
                      I can't make those standards! The only one that's even close to my PR is the 1/2. I'm 1 second off...but that was back in college, no way could I run a 2:03 now. The 5k is 15 something. Screw that noise! Those are tough! I guess I'm still just a nobody.

But those are the track standards, which are inexplicably harder than the road standards. And, as always, the women's times seem unnecessarily softened. I can qualify for the 5k by nearly a minute even in the track standards, but I still usually get blown away by women older than myself at most any rinky-dink 5k here in Nashville. But despair not, Thunder. You can still get your Official Lame-Ass Road Patch. And you're not a nobody--you're Swamp Mom!

The Thunder

But those are the track standards, which are inexplicably harder than the road standards. And, as always, the women's times seem unnecessarily softened. I can qualify for the 5k by nearly a minute even in the track standards, but I still usually get blown away by women older than myself at most any rinky-dink 5k here in Nashville. But despair not, Thunder. You can still get your Official Lame-Ass Road Patch. And you're not a nobody--you're Swamp Mom!
                          *Sniff* Thanks Tanya!

JakeKnight

Yup. And yup. Didn't that stupidity start on a LetsRun thread? It pretty much defines the term "pedantic dinglehopper." You can write all the thousand word posts on the subject you want, but everybody knows that in athletics, "All American" has a pretty specific meaning. It takes a special brand of stupid to argue that one. By the way, you're an All-American by like 4 minutes. Good job! Tongue

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

By the way, you're an All-American by like 4 minutes. Good job! Tongue
                              By the by, did you take a glance at the men's 40-44 group? Sorrow.

JakeKnight

By the by, did you take a glance at the men's 40-44 group? Sorrow.
                                Yeah. I know. You shoulda pushed me harder. I coulda been an All-American, too. MTA: By the way, I'm about to change my sig line and you haven't said one word about it. And that makes me sad.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------