Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

5k Route (Read 405 times)

JakeKnight

So this 5k route ... is it just from the steeplechase and around the 11.2 and then up Shaaay-ul Hill and back? I would have asked in the August 2nd thread ... but I really didn't want to interrupt the unintentional hilarity of you outdoorsy types blathering on about "I carried my tent on my back and everything!" stuff. Cuz that's just golden.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

That's the route. I'm not running it, so you needn't work yourself into a dither of anxiety the night before or anything.

JakeKnight

That's the route. I'm not running it, so you needn't work yourself into a dither of anxiety the night before or anything.
        Of course not. Now you'll just duck me in perpetuity. Wuss. And I rarely dither. Sometimes admittedly I do dilly-dally.

Anybody doing the Sch-myrna Parks 5k on Saturday? What's the course like?? I hadn't planned on doing it, but $15 is the cheapest 5k I've ever seen. Of course I'll spend that much driving out to Smyrna and back, but whatev.

Thanks---wow, that is a flat course. And a downhill first mile, too. Hmmmmm... By the way, nice to meet you on Saturday. And congrats on beating JK out of a trophy. That was awesome!

Yeah, nice to meet you too! I really had no Idea what I'd actually done until I visited the swamp and caught up on all the threads. Man, poor JK. I mean, the defeat you handed him is immortalized in a pen and paper drawing? That's cold.
                  That's cold.
                  <------------ >

Why is it sideways?

Anybody doing the Sch-myrna Parks 5k on Saturday? What's the course like?? I hadn't planned on doing it, but $15 is the cheapest 5k I've ever seen. Of course I'll spend that much driving out to Smyrna and back, but whatev.
                    Definitely a PR course. I'd say it's the fastest course around. The start is good and the finish is great: you can see it from about a half mile out, which is good for kicking. MTA: Plus, there are usually a bunch of high school XC kids running, who are fun to compete against since they go out hard... and always come back.
                      Definitely a PR course. I'd say it's the fastest course around. The start is good and the finish is great: you can see it from about a half mile out, which is good for kicking. MTA: Plus, there are usually a bunch of high school XC kids running, who are fun to compete against since they go out hard... and always come back.
                      HS XC and 5k? Don't they usually *just barely hold up* for the full distance?

Why is it sideways?

HS XC and 5k? Don't they usually *just barely hold up* for the full distance?
                        It depends. There are actually quite a few studs in the area. And I think that there's something to learn from the youth, who are less afraid to die. But it is cool when wisdom trumps exuberance: I love to reel them in.
                        JakeKnight

In-ter-est-ing. Veeeeeeery interesting. I'd planned to skip it, too ... and do the cross country run Thursday night. I really didn't want to drive to Smyrna, either. But the price is right. The course is right. And the chance to destroy you months ahead of schedule ... I need to talk with my coach. Modified to add: JHorner - eat it. Damn trophy stealer.

It depends. There are actually quite a few studs in the area. And I think that there's something to learn from the youth, who are less afraid to die. But it is cool when wisdom trumps exuberance: I love to reel them in.
                            I can only do that for 10k races, for lack of speed. XC kids last until 5.8 miles and then can be seen grabbing the nearest stationary object bracing for the next impeding hurl.
                              In-ter-est-ing. Veeeeeeery interesting. Modified to add: JHorner - eat it. Damn trophy stealer.
                              Hey, had the race director not split up age groups into 10 year increments, and had we HTFU'd and beat that 44yo, then I'd have been sittin' pretty in 2nd and you'd been in 3rd.

Oh Mighty Wing

Are they ever going to post results for that race???