Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Singapore Photos (Read 184 times)

The Thunder

Here are some photos from Liz and my journey to Singapore! I hope you all enjoy and we'll update some along the way. We're getting ready to go meet the local running group here in a couple hours and we'll take some photos there too! Enjoy! First up was our meeting Yao Ming at the airport in Hong Kong. We had a little talk with him to make sure he would go easy on Team USA. It worked. Liz distracted him, and I took the rock!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

The Thunder

Next up, this stone gentleman thought he was the 'God of Thunder', I quickly dismantled him shortly after this photo was taken.

The Thunder

Later in the day we had a great little journey to this tea shop in Chinatown. This place had some many different types of tea that you could have. It was really cool, and a runlizzy favorite!

The Thunder

Apparently the smell of tea attracts crocs! I had to put on my "Steve Irwin face" and do battle with the croc! Crikey!

The Thunder

Anyway, that's about it for now. We spent most of today at the zoo, it was amazing! I have tons of photos from there. I'll leave you with my favorite. I had to get all the monkeys on camera, but this little guy was awesome! This fellow is about 8 inches tall...very small. He came right up in front of me, was about 6 inches from my face. So I snapped a photo right in front of him. He almost grabbed my camera!

Oh Mighty Wing

Very cool!! I can't wait to see and hear more!! Hope you guys are having fun!!

The Greatest of All Time

Nice! I am so jealous. Big grin
                all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
                  Great photos! You guys have fun and be safe Big grin

Looks like you're having the time of your life! Awesome!

The Thunder

Last night Liz and I met up with some runners here in Singapore. These are some of the people from their running message board. We did find out that runners are pretty much geeks everywhere! Anyway, there was a little miscommunication at the start of the run. They asked how fast Liz and I were, and I didn't know what to say. What I meant to say is that I'm sure we will just manage to stay with someone in the group, and what I actually said was, "We'll run as fast as anyone". Everyone thought that was very funny, and very cocky. So they put their 3 young guys and 1 fast guy up front to try to break us. Liz was a champ and said later that, "I got my wheels back today!" We started out pretty easy and slow, but settled into about 7:30 pace after the first mile...then cranked it up the last few miles to under 7 min pace. When things ended Liz and I were right on the shoulder of the one guy that was leading us, and we had dropped everyone else by minutes. We would have gladly dropped him, but then we would have been lost in Singapore! Anyway, we miss Nashville, but this place is awesome!

That's awesome!! Love the photo.

Oh Mighty Wing

That was such a great idea! I don't know that i would have even thought to do that. Great photo too!! If I ever do that I think I would want to bring a shirt to trade them. Like if I ever join the running club here. I would bring one of my shirts and then trade them for one of their shirts... or just buy one of their club shirts.
                          JakeKnight

This really is an awesome thread. It's like an ongoing race report with good pictures. But I have some questions. These are just a few. 1) What are you doing in Singapore, anyway? (Yes, for real. I musta missed it). 2) How exactly did you meet people on a message board in Singapore? I assume Trent helped? 3) That running club seems to have way too many Asians. How'd that happen? And what's the story with the one guy who just doesn't fit in? 4) Did you chant "USA ... USA" after "winning" your training run? 5) Are you aware that your wife is really way too good looking for you? Feel free to answer some, all, or none of the above. I'm a curious guy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

Why is it sideways?

Sweet sweet pics. And way to break those Asian runners. Gotta represent the USA yo! Mister dog says howldy.

S&M Collector

Wow, what a trip! These are some great photos! Keep having fun over there and be safe. Woot!
                                Come across any cool medals lately?