Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Missing you people! (Read 125 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

So I have this long run tomorrow and I'm nervous because my long runs do not go well... so I thought ok maybe I'll check out the running store in town because they have a group run. So I call... Me: How far are your long runs? Dude: it depends usually 8-12 **At this point I'm thinking ok - I can run down to the store which will be about 4.5 miles do the long run with them and then call DH to come get me - PERFECT!** Me: what is the pace like? Dude: it depends on who shows up but a good range would be a high as 10 and as low as 7. Me: *choke* thanks What the hell... I can't keep up with a 10 pace for that many miles... that would be leg suicide!!! So it make me miss you guys... UGH! Now I have to decide what to do! Also I have to wonder if it's a really small group of people who run there... and if it is it wouldn't surprise me because really 7-10mm is probably discouraging to many a runners like myself.

The Greatest of All Time

Look, I am doing 12 tomorrow and so will you. Then I am heading out of town for the weekend to spend the holiday with my wife out in the country. I am looking forward to running Sunday and Monday morning in the cool, crisp country air.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

The Greatest of All Time

Idiot.
          Do your runs alone at your own pace if you have to--because you HAVE to do long runs Evil grin. Most running groups do long runs in that 7-10 range...but there are usually some people that run more slowly. I'll be looking at your log to make sure you're doing your long runs, young lady.

Hey, if you can't run the whole way, then walk a little bit, then run, then walk, whatever it takes to cover the whole distance. Don't psych yourself out and not do it. Just do it.

S&M Collector

Yeah, long runs alone can be mindbottling. Or, is it mind numbing? If these group runs don't accomodate your pace, then just hold off participating until you're at that speed. One thing you might try to do....when faced with running long runs alone...... is enlist the help of a friend who has a bike, who could bike along side of you and keep you company. He/she can have fluids and gels available for you, and keep you company through the miles. In training for my first marathon, I had a buddy that was training for his first marathon too, so I was fortunate to have company. Now it's not a big deal to have to do one alone, but back then it would have been intimidating to have to go it alone....yet it's possible to do so! And, you can prove that to us if you have to.
              Come across any cool medals lately?