Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

THUNDER!!! (Read 213 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Somehow I missed you passing 2000! And I want to say congratulations!!!!! You worked soo hard and were so determined and that is pretty damn AWESOME!!!

The Thunder

Thanks. It was a wild ride for me. November and December were my biggest two months ever. It yelded some PR's and some moments where I felt like a new runner...and now it's broken me down. It may be time to rest and rebuild. I'll figure that out shortly.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Why is it sideways?

Thanks. It was a wild ride for me. November and December were my biggest two months ever. It yelded some PR's and some moments where I felt like a new runner...and now it's broken me down. It may be time to rest and rebuild. I'll figure that out shortly.
        Poor sad Thunder. And by the way, bullshit. Dude, just take a freakin' down week or two and get back on that pony and ride!

The Thunder

Poor sad Thunder. And by the way, bullshit. Dude, just take a freakin' down week or two and get back on that pony and ride!
          Dude...yesterday's run was totally demoralizing. I haven't felt that mentally out of it, since I don't know when. I'm hoping it was just one bad run. Today is OFF and tomorrow I'll give it a go. Hopefully it will all be water under the bridge and I will continue my planned activities until 1/17. Then it's a couple down weeks. But if I feel shitty tomorrow...then the down weeks will come now.

Oh Mighty Wing

well how is your ham feeling? And why was it so demoralizing?

The Thunder

well how is your ham feeling? And why was it so demoralizing?
              The hammy is feeling better...but I shouldn't have tried to run through it. It made me change my stride and broke down my right side some. Plus, I ran over 80 miles in the 7 days after hurting it....so that was a big mistake. I'm hoping that I'm just feeling down because of the 80+ miles I did after that...and nothing more. We'll try to find out tomorrow. It's hard to really answer your question about why it was so demoralizing...it just was. Nothing you can put your finger one. Just a "runner's funk".

Oh Mighty Wing

I understand not being able to put your finger on it. Maybe it's a combination of it all. The holiday's, the increased mileage. Maybe your body is just talking to you telling you that it needs a break - even if it's just a day.

Why is it sideways?

Take that funk and make it funky, brotha.
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Fried food helps with runner's funk.
                      Congrats Thunder. Obviously I ignored your log after you passed me up a while back.