Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Weak Ass & The IT Band (Read 424 times)

Meh, $5 is $5...

I have a weak gluteus medius and that's why I've been struggling with IT problems for over 1 year now.  Apparently this is very common among runners; the accumulated pounding from mileage, hills, and roads takes its toll.  The prescription is lots of hip hikes, one legged squats off a step, wall sits, and foam roller.  I'm at least running again, albeit very slowly.  Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is having IT problems and frustrated.

To recap: my ass is weak from too much pounding.  Do stuff that fixes your ass.  Then run again.

I have weak hips and a goddamn torn psoas (hip flexor muscle) that fucking ruined my day today, and probably the rest of my year. 

Here's to weak fucking hips and asses.

The King of Beasts

I am glad that you are able to get back out there.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

BMenees

Yep.  I had the weak ass syndrome and associated ITB issues too.

If you want an excellent foam roller, I recommend this one:

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-TRIGPG.html

more info

It's tough, never deforms, and will put a major hurt on you.

Meh, $5 is $5...

Candice - That blows.  Scotch and tequila can be helpful.  Belated congrats on your ballsy race at Chicago. 

Ramsay - I'm glad too.  Hopefully I'll be able to pick up the pace in a few weeks; it's been too long since our running chatter has made everyone on the roads and trails feel unclean.  I still haven't found a clown costume to play Pennywise at the Monkey by the connector trail, but I did find this piece of sexy. If it were cheaper, this would be tempting to get for winter running in PWP.

Bill - That thing looks like something you might find in one of the more risque parts of Amsterdam.  I like it. 

Hoodoo Guru

To recap: my ass is weak from too much pounding.  

This statement continues to bother me.

The tangents are moot.

The King of Beasts

Bill, I dont think something big and black is going to help an ass that has already taken too much pounding.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

BMenees

That depends on where you put it.  It is hollow.

Meh, $5 is $5...

I'll find out shortly since I ordered it.  For now, my recovery consists of light running, beer, and scotch; the latter two are designed to improve my beer mile times.

I'll be sure to let you know if being pounded by something big and black helps.  And don't worry, Dallas: you'll get the video before everyone else.  Zebra striped robe not included.

You in that zebra striped robe is classic. I love it.

Hoodoo Guru

I'll be sure to let you know if being pounded by something big and black helps.  And don't worry, Dallas: you'll get the video before everyone else.  Zebra striped robe not included.

The anticipation is killing me already.

The tangents are moot.

Meh, $5 is $5...

Bill - that foam roller is a beast (I've named mine Dolomite).  Hurts like nothing else, but I was able to run for 80 minutes this morning without issue. I may actually be able to run the half next Saturday as my long run.  Next beer is on me. 

BMenees

Sweet.  But keep doing the strengthening exercises too at least a couple of times a week.  You want your ass to be able to take a pounding and keep on going.