Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

active release help (Read 318 times)

ch37082

I need someone to do ART on my it band. Any suggestions? I am doing PT at Vanderbilt Sports Medicine, but I would also like to give this a try. Someplace that accepts insurance is a plus but not a deal breaker. thanks

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The two massage providers who were at Monkey are both good: John Minton and Tonya Lumphrey.  People also talk about Juliana in hushed tones, and I, frankly, have been too scared to go see her. 

ch37082

Awesome! Thanks so much!  I am calling all three tomorrow and will go to whomever can see me first! 

I would recommend Perry Smith for PT because he does the deep tissue/ART type work, too.  And insurance will definitely pay.  If your PT is not doing that, I would try Perry.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Why is it sideways?

I use Juliana, from the link Trent linked. She is good. Another one also uses her.

The King of Beasts

Juliana put me back together again after the Leadville 100.

she is magic. she will hurt you, but you will get better.

she is good, go see Juliana !

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

ch37082

Julianna was the first one to answer the phone. I am scared. Monday at 4.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The King of Beasts

Julianna was the first one to answer the phone. I am scared. Monday at 4.

its not that bad. she will not go too hard the first time.

its the second or third massage where the real work gets done.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Why is it sideways?

its not that bad. she will not go too hard the first time.

its the second or third massage where the real work gets done.

+1.

ch37082

I am willing to endure it if it will get me better. My PT did some massage yesterday and was able to break up some scar tissue, and I immediately felt some relief so I can only imagine what she will do for me. I am not even a good runner, but I need to get back out there. My daughter jokingly commented that if I wasn't able to run soon she was going to move in with some friends. You guys are awesome. Thanks.

ch37082

I saw Julianna yesterday, and she told me to run this morning so she would know if she helped or not. I only did two miles so it may not have been far enough to tell, but I don't want to be in pain anymore. I am going back next week. I gave all three of you  (Jeff, A1, and Trent) credit for the referral.

Now, since my cyber friends come through for me way more often than my real friends.... I need a personal trainer. 

Why is it sideways?

Was the pain gone when you ran?

ch37082

Yes, the pain was gone. I am going to see her a few more times so she can work some more magic. Smile