Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Tanya censored (Read 365 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude. How dare you question Lifeway.

The Thunder

Dude. How dare you question Lifeway.
      More info please.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Ahhh, I censored myself. I figure if I don't like the narrow-minded politics of a race sponsor, I just don't run the race. No need to get a bunch of Striders' panties into wads. Too bad too, because the race looks pretty cool.

mta: Thunder, the thread about the Downhill Dawn Half. Sponsored by Lifeway. mta: My mta wasn't an mta.

The Thunder

Ahhh I see. So will I see you and your calculator at a race this weekend?

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

If you're at the Girls on the Run 5k, you'll see me. But I'll be calculator-free as I will be running with one of the girls! Hence my 45:59 goal time in the racing thread.

If you're at the Girls on the Run 5k, you'll see me. But I'll be calculator-free as I will be running with one of the girls! Hence my 45:59 goal time in the racing thread.
                Awesome! Good luck to her. Smile

Amy

BMenees

Ahhh, I censored myself. I figure if I don't like the narrow-minded politics of a race sponsor, I just don't run the race. No need to get a bunch of Striders' panties into wads. Too bad too, because the race looks pretty cool.
                  How about posting your rant insightful comments here? I'm a Buddhist, and I have no problem running Lifeway's race or staying at their retreat center. I figure the ChristianRunners.org folks can preach at me all they want during the race; they'll just have to catch me. I grew up attending christian schools, and I married a christian, so I've become very adept at tuning it out (christianity, not my wife). My motivation for running D@D was convenience. We have a beach condo on Hilton Head Island, SC from June 7-14, so we decided to detour through Asheville, SC on the way there. That way I can run the half, we can go to the Biltmore, and we can split the drive to HHI over two days (which is nice when you have a wiggly 7 year old in the car).

Hoodoo Guru

How about posting your rant insightful comments here? I'm a Buddhist, and I have no problem running Lifeway's race or staying at their retreat center. I figure the ChristianRunners.org folks can preach at me all they want during the race; they'll just have to catch me. I grew up attending christian schools, and I married a christian, so I've become very adept at tuning it out (christianity, not my wife). My motivation for running D@D was convenience. We have a beach condo on Hilton Head Island, SC from June 7-14, so we decided to detour through Asheville, SC on the way there. That way I can run the half, we can go to the Biltmore, and we can split the drive to HHI over two days (which is nice when you have a wiggly 7 year old in the car).
                    You're a Buddhist? Interesting. You have a condo at Hilton Head race weekend with room for lots of friends? Even more interesting.

The tangents are moot.

How about posting your rant insightful comments here?
                      I didn't post a rant, and I'm not sure I have significantly "insightful" comments. Simply put, Lifeway is a Southern Baptist-based company and it supports a number of things I disagree with. They reject the right of women to be ordained ministers, they believe women should "submit" to their husbands'/men's authority, they are rabidly anti-gay, and they are against abortion. I know these are all personal beliefs/decisions, so I didn't want to start WW III over at the Striders board. I rarely "tune out" Christianity, as the essence of it is pretty important to me. The essence of it is no different from Buddhism. But when "Christians" use their religion to judge me, I do tune them out. And don't run their races.

And now I feel obligated to change the mood and direction of this thread:

BMenees

I like where this thread is going.