Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Doable. (Read 304 times)

The King of Beasts

With a 1:20:42 Tom King in the rain. 6:10 Pace Richland Creek 5 mile race where I went out way too fast. 5:56 Pace Moosic City 10k, I had a great race. 5:48 Pace. Is a 2:50 @ CMM doable? 6:30 pace, Should I set my goal more conservative? Any given sunday, I understand that if it is hot, it might not happen, & if it is not my day to race, it is not going to happen. Please, any advice?

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Meh, $5 is $5...

You've put together a solid string of races. I'll defer to the marathoners here, but I would suggest just relaxing and avoid doing anything out of the norm training-wise or fretting over pace for the next ~2 weeks - it'll just add needless stress and you'll run the risk of psyching yourself out come race day if you feel off in the slightest. There's no harm in taking it out at your prior target for 2-3 miles and, if the race gods are smiling, working down to sub 2:50 for the rest of the race. Again, just the views of a non-marathoner. As an aside, I took the plunge and signed up for it...beats dealing with all the road closures and figuring out where to run that morning. Any chance I can bum a post-race ride home off of a Swamp member? Jogging over to the start from my place is a no brainer, but paying $15 to take a shuttle back to West End is egregious.

Why is it sideways?

In 2007, I was 5:42 pace for Tom King, then 6:02 pace for CMM on a pretty warm day, so 20 seconds difference. If anything, you are better trained for the marathon distance now than I was then. So, I'd say 6:30's is reasonable, especially since TK didn't see your best effort. I wish I didn't drop out at Purity and finished up the 10k running with ya. Awesome race, brother. The fact that you were able to throw down there after what you did earlier in the week suggests that you are totally ready for the marathon. I wouldn't sell yourself short on this effort. Your training has been exceptional. JT, you'll probably be able to find a ride... let's stay in touch about it. My wife may be able to pick us both up.

The Thunder

John, if I were you....I'd be trying to go sub 2:50.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Oh Mighty Wing

Go for it! You know you want to!
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

JR: duh. JT: jog home.
                Dude, you are going to crush it. No worries. You got it.

Meh, $5 is $5...

Thank you Trent, I'm lost without your Mr. Obvious wisdom.

Was it all a dream?

1:20:42 Tom King in the rain. 6:10 Pace
                    K of B, with all the miles and hills you've been putting in, you're in great shape... 20 sec difference between half and full paces is very doable. You have a sub 2:50 in you, don't doubt yourself for a minute.
                      Nice to see you on the 11.2 again, John. Thanks for not wearing the Purity 10k shirt!