Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

5.8? (Read 149 times)

S&M Collector

Where is the turn for the 5.8? for real. Is it just after the 3 mile sign? I took a left there (after reading a sign that said 2.something miles to Belle Meade entrance) and it seemed to take me over to 9 mile hill and then back down the mountain. I'm just a tad confused.....about a lot of things in general......but recently about this route. I have only ran the 11.2 or else just turned around at like mile marker 4 and ran back down.
    Come across any cool medals lately?
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, that is the turn. It is about 1/3 mile past the three mile post, just at the very final top of the hill and at the sign that says 2.6 miles to Belle Meade Blvd, or something like that. About 0.4 miles later, you rejoin the 11.2 midway up 9 mile hill.

S&M Collector

Thanks! Now I for sure have an "out" when I don't feel like I can run the 11.2. Today was case and point. The ambition was larger than the ability.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Now this was just devious on the part of the park planners. Real evil genius at work. So there you are, having set out to run 11 tough miles. You get to the top of a crest after three increasingly brutal climbs in as many miles, all before even having a chance really to warm up. Your legs are on fire, matched only by the burning in your lungs. And here, an escape, a fork in the road, a short path to your left and back to sanity. The amount of mental energy it took you to climb that hill? That is nothing when compared to what will be required for you to keep going on the Main Drive rather than succumb to the temptation to take, as the sign at this fork in the road indicates, the "2.6 miles to Belle Meade Blvd". Just over two and a half miles to freedom, or nearly eight more miles of torture. Just tell yourself, "I AM a runner, I AM a runner, I AM a runner", take a right and continue your foolish trek.
            I have only ran the 11.2 or else just turned around at like mile marker 4 and ran back down.
            I remember that run.

S&M Collector

I remember that run.
              Ah yes, December of '07. On my way to ND...pre leg breaks. Why didn't you say something to deter me? Things could be so different for me right now. Wink