Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

hoppity (Read 194 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

you don't live in nashville.

what the hell??

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

I thought I'd join and get booted out.

One day I might come to Nashville.  Is that enough?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

"run" "2" "eat"

sure, okay.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

i mean...

sure, okay, SWITCHFOOT!!

hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh.

It's the right one.  Not sure if that changes anything.

I'm just going to pretenf that Switchfoot is a term of endearment.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

"run" "2" "eat"

i like your style, switchy.

HEY HOPS!!

Hey Tanya! 

(Do I lose or gain points for spelling it correctly?)

Not sure. I've never really cared how people bastardize my name. Know what I mean, Pity?

Whereas I used to get wound up with Sara when I'm Sarah.  However I liked it when it became Sahara because that was just odd.

I quite like bastardization now though. As with Switchfoot, I take it as affection.  Always best to kid yourself that it's meant nicely (while crying inside).

The only thing that winds me up is automatic spellcheckers that correct my surname so that I stink.

Elly.

I feel your pain.  Even Ternt misspelled my name as Ellie.... who is his wife ... in 2000 Monkey Marathon shirts.  He had the size right, just the same spelling as his beloved spouse (which it isn't). 

Ternt replaced it with one of those skinny, minny "girl" shirts, which did not fit at all .... I wish he had left me with the "Ellie" shirt.  At least it fit.

Hops .... visit Nashville.  I'm sure you will not be disappointed. If not, you are still welcome here. 

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

Slice

I totally get it. People know that Nashville is, by far, the single most awesome place to live in the ENTIRE world. I'd want to join this group if I didn't live here too. Really, come visit. There's a race every November that is good. You should check it out.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I know an Elli, an Ellie, an Elly and and Elie...Ellie is my default, which wouldn't be great for you...and yeah, better the t-shirt that fits.  Blame Trent.

And yep, I do want to visit Nashville.  People I work with used to work there, but not directly in my research area, so wangling a work trip is a tricky thing.  A running trip is also tricky because of persuading people I should spend our money that way.  Hmmm.  I hear you can get good Mojitos in Nashville...somewhere called Rumba, maybe? 

This race in November, it doesn't have hills or flying animals does it?  I'm not known for my abilities to cope with either. 

JEM

Unfortunately, Rumba recently closed. 

I might break that to my colleagues quite gently.  At least I've never tried a Mojito there so don't have the same sense of loss!