Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

sole mio? (Read 324 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

have any of y'all ever been to sole mio? i am going tomorrow for a work thing and i wondered what is good there. work is paying for it, but not for alcohol. too bad....

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Why is it sideways?

I've never been to sole mio but goddamn it is hot as fuck outside.

Off to run.

Lazy idiot

I don't live in Nashville, and I've never been to sole mio.  But it's nearly hot as fuck here, too, so I thought I'd chime in.

Tick tock

Why is it sideways?

Update: it rained and got cooler. It is now merely hot as balls.
          Electric Koolaid

and hot balls get chaffed
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Been to S.M. many times.  It may be the best Italian restaurant in town.  Not that such an assertion says much.  Their garlic and arrabiata sauces are good, and their gnocchi is good.

"run" "2" "eat"

well then. i got a PM from someone who said to check out the menu online and i had my eye on the gnocchi, which are apparently in some way sort of similar to hot balls, of potato. so there you have it.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Hoodoo Guru

Please report back with your review.

The tangents are moot.

"run" "2" "eat"

awkward forced socialization with coworkers, tempered by pleasingly fresh and surprisingly tasty gnocchi gorgonzola.

the soft, warm bread was seasoned with either rosemary or lavender. most likely rosemary. don't know where that lavender tinge came from. probably someone's lavender hand soap. best not to consider that.

our group of 8 arrived just as the restaurant opened for the day, and our waitress informed us "we are sold out of the lobster ravioli". not, "we don't have any" or "we didn't make any", but "sold out". one wonders, who purchased it all while we weren't watching?

guy with the parm grater was a bit fast & loose, grating from too great a height and with a tidge too much gusto, resulting in cheese landing in cheese-free zones such as laps, coffee cups, and hair. no real harm was done.

all beverages were refilled in a timely manner.

the pizza is larger than one might expect, if one were expecting something smaller.

don't waste your money on the pathetically plasticene cheesecake - besides the disappointingly tough texture, the flavour is flat and the serving size small.

"run" "2" "eat"

p.s. that place in franklin on the corner by sweet cece's is better.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

sweet cece's is better.

It is pretty good, isn't it.  And always packed.

"run" "2" "eat"

actually, monkeybrains, i was speaking of the eye tallian restaurant on the corner by cece's but yes, cece's is good mostly because of the captain crunch and coffee beans.

Why is it sideways?

I think the best Italian in town is Cafe Coco's Italian Market. Cheap, too.

Hoodoo Guru

I'd love to have our pre-Monkey dinner at Italian Market, but the place is too small to handle our hoard.

The tangents are moot.

"run" "2" "eat"

maybe they will cater the pre-race dinner.

trent will have a really nice new house by then, with plenty of room for the par-tay.