Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Chiropractor (Read 274 times)

ch37082

I think I am in need of a chiropractor. I have been dealing with tingling and some numbness in my legs since just after Thanksgiving. I saw one chiro who told me it was because I was too fat to be running and to just let it work itself out. Well, it has eased some, but now every time I bend my head to look down, I get tingling in my legs. It doesn't bother me too much when I run, but I do trails a lot and have to look down to make sure I don't trip.

Any suggestions for a good chiro in or around Nashville?

Thanks,

Charlene

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My wife likes Dr. Saeedpour

http://www.dunnwithpain.com/

For tingling and numbness, you may also want to see a sports med doc.

ch37082

In that case, know a good sports medicine doc? I can easily get referrals to Vanderbilt through the Metro schools health care clinics.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Go see Paul Rummo if you can.  He is great.  He is at Vandy.
          ch37082

Thanks. I will call tomorrow.
            ch37082

So, I ended up at a chiropractor today simply because it was easier than going to the sports medicine guy right now. (Other stuff going on as well) She said it sounds like a bulging disk, and is sending me for an MRI tomorrow. I asked her about running, and she said running might aggravate it, but she didn't say stop. I have NO pain...just the "electrical current" feeling down my legs when I bend my head down. If I stay on the roads and off the trails, it doesn't bother me too much. Any harm in continuing to run? If you can call it that as slow as I am??

Thanks

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I suspect it is meralgia paresthetica based on what you have posted, not a bulging disc.  I also predict that the MRI will show a bulging disc since 30-50% of all adults have bulging discs.  I suspect that the bulging disc on the MRI will not be the cause of your symptoms.

Big grin

ch37082

So basically....go to the sports medicine doctor like you told me to in the first place. Yeah, I get it now....lol

Thanks

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Heh.

Sports med doc may get an MRI on you too.  Just understand that the presence of a bulging disc means you are an adult, not that the disc is the cause of your troubles.

ch37082

Well, I appreciate the info. I just have too much crap going on. In addition to this stupid back/neck/whatever issue...I have some girl problems.  UGH! Kind of wishing I had never gone to the doctor. Ignorance was bliss.