Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The Official Goodbye THUNDER, get the eff outta here meet-up. (Read 350 times)

The Thunder

Okay, anyone want to do a lunch...or beers next week to say goodbye?

*sniff* *sniff*

I'll be doing the Shelby Bottoms 15k on Saturday 10/2 (week from this Saturday) and then promptly getting in my car and driving to Roanoke...for good this time. 

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I would like to- depending on the day.  We'll miss you!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Hoodoo Guru

Gimme any date and time, I am there.  Just don't pick a bar with a band.  Or one in M'boro.  Or make it too late.  And good lighting is important.  And a good menu.  But not a vegetarian place (those people are nuts.)  And I need 24 hours notice.  And a note for my wife certifying that this is an official Nashville Striders event.

Oh, and if Dead Last shows up, cover your elbows.

The tangents are moot.

The Thunder

Well I feel cruddy today.  So let's hope I'm good by Wednesday.  Let's say Wed at 7 PM...somewhere downtown or close to it?  Any ideas?

Hoodoo Guru

Broadway Brewhouse, downtown.

Corner Pub, Midtown

The tangents are moot.

The Thunder

Broadway Brewhouse, downtown.

Corner Pub, Midtown

Either sound good.  You pick.  Wait...pizza.  Where's a good pizza and beer place? 

Mafioza's? 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

The Thunder

Mafioza's? 

Never been and i'm told it's a Nashville must...sounds great!  That's over on 12th south...right?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is NOT a Nashville must, but it is good stuff.  As long as you avoid the pizza.

Hoodoo Guru

Mafiozas is fine with me.  Screw Trent, their pizza is good.  Should meet and eat in the patio area or around the bar.

MTA:  And, it's a post FMM tradition.

The tangents are moot.

The Thunder

Yeah, I have tried 2 of the pizza places around this country that Trents says is the best.  Uno in Chicago, and Gino's on Long Island.  Not impressed.  His tastes are not nearly as well refined as he thinks. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I said Due's in Chicago.  And you got old reheated pizza at both places instead of fresh.  That's a bonehead move on your part there.

The problem with Mafioza's pizza is not its taste.  It is its pre-chewed bubblegum like consistency.  Blech.  Even overcooked, it globs, glops and dribbles.  And that is the crust.  Blech.  The pasta is good tho.

And Dallas, the post-FMM tradition (which Thunder seems to have skipped every year) is to go there for the 2-for-1 Sunday night beer.

Lazy idiot

I said Due's in Chicago.  And you got old reheated pizza at both places instead of fresh.  That's a bonehead move on your part there.

The problem with Mafioza's pizza is not its taste.  It is its pre-chewed bubblegum like consistency.  Blech.  Even overcooked, it globs, glops and dribbles.  And that is the crust.  Blech.  The pasta is good tho.

And Dallas, the post-FMM tradition (which Thunder seems to have skipped every year) is to go there for the 2-for-1 Sunday night beer.

I've been to Mafioza's, I liked it.

And isn't every day 2-for-1 beer?

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, well I kissed a girl and I liked it.

The Thunder

Well i forget which CRUMMY pizza place I went to in Chicago, but I went to the one you recommended, so I guess it was Due's.  I did NOT have reheated pizza there.  I had fresh.  It sucked.  That could mostly be because Chicago style pissa in general sucks.  Period. 

Gino's pizza could have been reheated...but I just did what you told me to do.  SOrry you can't handle the results.