Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Question about HS tracks (Read 25 times)

Slice

After getting my ass handed to me by a chick (who kind of rubbed it in) at a race on Saturday, it has been called to my attention that I need to do a little speedwork. Can someone tell me which tracks are usually open? And what is the etiquette when going to a local school track? I don't want anyone to think I'm creeping on the kids and trying to snatch one.

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

"run" "2" "eat"

what area of town? downtown, i'd recommend rose track on edgehill.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Slice

I work in a different part of town each day, so anywhere there's an electronics store in the greater Nashville area. Dallas told me about Mt. Juliet Middle. I'll have to try both your suggestions. Thanks!

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

Hoodoo Guru

you might try searching the Nashville Striders site, or asking there.  I seem to remember a discussion about tracks.  Seems that the general consensus was that there were not many open to the public.  That and "I pay my taxes so I should be able to run on any track anytime I want."

The tangents are moot.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

I know the Vandy track is open to students, faculty, and staff during some times of day.  I don't know how strict they are about enforcing who has access to the track.

Why is it sideways?

Rose Park is the best, IMO.