Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

DCHS XC (Read 234 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

any of you familiar with the cross country program at dickson county high school?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Why is it sideways?

Nope, not me. Why do you ask?

"run" "2" "eat"

my nephew is a freshman this year and has just joined the team. so far, two practices have been cancelled because of the heat, but the two they had were two different things. i mean, okay, i am talking to a 14-year old boy, so he's a little vague. one practice was "just running" and one was "workouts". i tried to get some details and it sounded like one day they ran a few miles together on the road and the other they did some regular old speedwork stuff on the track. sounded all fine and reasonable to me and just two practices is not much to go on. i know how sometimes in high school you'll get a teacher-coach who doesn't know much about the sport, so i was encouraged that at least this guy was doing different stuff and not telling them to just go run. (although i understand the value of just running.) my nephew said the coach cares more about cross country than track -- which is great now, but maybe not so great next spring. anyway, i was just wondering did anyone know anything about the program there in dickson or the coach.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Why is it sideways?

I will try to find something out. Good that they are running and doing some workouts. Hope your nephew has a great time. 

"run" "2" "eat"

the coach's name is eric hickerson and he's just a teacher i believe. he's getting help from a guy that's called "coach emory" and went to mtsu. ring any bells? also, would a high schooler need spikes for cross country?

Why is it sideways?

Need spikes, no. I think a pair of good flats is better because most courses will have some pavement or something to cross. I didn't run in spikes until college, but I know things are different now and kids have more shoes.

"run" "2" "eat"

i think "coach emory" i mentioned might be david emery. looks like he ran for mtsu a couple seasons. he might have graduated last year.

"run" "2" "eat"

first meet was yesterday. cancelled on account of lightning. Sad