Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

ShanGen (Read 341 times)

The Thunder

So tell us about your new Marathon PR!

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

She's like MIA or something, I can't get her to respond to my texts this morning which is strange...

The Thunder

She's like MIA or something, I can't get her to respond to my texts this morning which is strange...
        Maybe she celebrated a little too much last night?

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I'm guessing she was so pumped at the end of her race she just kept going. She's 150 miles closer to Nashville now than she was at race end.
            I'm going to start calling her ShanWOW. Tongue

Amy

A Saucy Wench

What marathon did she do?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Oh Mighty Wing

Lower Potomac Marathon. Set a 1hr and 26 minute PR!!!! 4:44:12!!!!!!!!! It was awesome, I ran the first half in 2:11. I blew up around mile 18 with lots of cramps - in many places including my hips. I had to walk/run - I was pissed - but do not yet have the mental toughness to block it all out yet - but it's time to learn!!! I'm pumped and ready for the next one!!!!
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Mental toughness does not overcome a bonk. Training and pacing can prevent one.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mental toughness does not overcome a bonk. Training and pacing can prevent one.
                    I slowed down to my long run pace - actually it was still faster than my last 16 miler I ran. So sure if that's a bonk I'll take it - it was awesome - taught me alot.

A Saucy Wench

I slowed down to my long run pace - actually it was still faster than my last 16 miler I ran. So sure if that's a bonk I'll take it - it was awesome - taught me alot.
                      I agree. I have learned far more from the races I blew up than the races I did not.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I learned the most from the marathon where I felt the strongest at the end, even though it was not my fastest.

Oh Mighty Wing

I felt strong the last 0.2 haha

Why is it sideways?

Way to go, SHAN!!!!!!!
                              I'm not sure I've ever "learned" anything from any marathon. I've hit a wall or two, felt great, felt bad. Sixteen marathons later, I just train as well as I can and hope for the best. Most of the time I don't have a clue why things went great or didn't. I've always thought that was part of the marathon addiction. It's a lot like gambling.

Oh Mighty Wing

Tanya I don't think I learned much in a way I could vocalize if that makes sense. Like I know my training will change/tweak as a result of this race. And it definitely showed me some things I need to work on. But i'm not sure I could tell you all that I learned. Maybe more like the experience was important for me to have.