Northern California Forum

Looks like there's going to be a marathon in Oakland -- March '10 (Read 251 times)

AnneCA

Info here -- not just a marathon, but a half and some shorter distances as well.  The article says the course is not set yet -- I'm guessing they'll add a lot of waterfront and a Lake Merritt loop onto the downtown/Jack London/Montclair/Rockridge trajectory that is mentioned in the article.  And I'm curious to see what they mean by "Montclair" -- big difference between a race that goes up to Skyline, LOL, and one that tops out down by the village (although even that would be a big climb from the water). 

I was thinking of Big Sur next year, and that's only a month after this one.  But as an Oaklander, if I do a spring marathon next year, it's going to have to be this one.

kcam

Hey, here's your chance to get a marthon 'streak' going!  I ran the first Si Valley Marathon and have run them all since (12 and counting).  I don't think I'll be doing this one next year, though.  Already have plans for Boston.