Northern California Forum

You know what would be cool? (Read 372 times)

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

If all us Northern California RAers met at a race and ran it. That would be bad ass. Cool

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

kcam

Pick one. I'll run it. I'll even wear my Running Ahead tech shirt!
        That would be great! Maybe make it an annual thing!
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          I'm up for it. Can we make it a trail run??? Big grin

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

There's an 11k in Salt Point (Jenner) that I was looking at, it's a trail run and supposed to be gorgeous. The problem is that we have to find something that is close enough for everyone participating to make it.

http://www.scarsports.com/ has alot in northern california. I agree that somewhere central would be the best, and might get the most people out there for it. Sacramento, East Bay, Sonoma, Napa, even up towards Shasta or Redding?
              Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
                There's an 11k in Salt Point (Jenner) that I was looking at, it's a trail run and supposed to be gorgeous.
                If you're looking at the event put on by Pacific Coast Trail Runs, it is a beautiful setting. Here's some pics of our run last year: http://s182.photobucket.com/albums/x194/fatozzig/salt%20point%202007/?start=0 Also, PCTR puts on good events. Their motto: Runs that Aren't Races in Beautiful Places.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Man, that's gorgeous. I really want to run it. How are the hills? Is the trail pretty well worn? It would be my first trail run so I don't want to sprain an ankle or something, you know? Do tell! LOL

Except for a short bit in the beginning, the trail is really good. Unfortunately, right at the beginning (and at least one or two more times depending on the length of the run) you have to climb this hill that seems to go on f-o-r-e-v-e-r. Then you pop out at the top at a prairie. We did the 20k last year, which meant we had to run the circuit twice. Second time around, once we hit the prairie, we were sent in a different direction from the first. But you pop out of these little scrub trees (it's actually called a "Dwarf Forest," I believe), cross the road, and run along the ocean cliff (not real close to the edge). There are very few places to stay in the area, unless you want to camp. So, if you want to make the run, be sure to set up your lodging ASAP. I have too many other commitments in August and couldn't make it. However, if plan now for a get together next year, as well, I can work something into my "event" season. If you all do decide to run Salt Point, you won't be disappointed. However, if you've never run trails before, I highly recommend you start getting the practice in. It's a whole 'nother animal from road running. And I believe once you run trails, you won't want to go back to road running. Big grin

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance