Northern California Forum

Marin County Marathon RR (Read 191 times)

Just checking in with a quick race report on the inaugural Marin County Marathon last weekend. Something of a misnomer, however, since the marathon was actually cancelled a couple days before the race due to lack of interest (60 people signed up, which apparently wasn't enough.... organizers insist that the hefty $135 entry fee had nothing to do with it). The half and 10K went ahead as planned, and we did the 10K as a training run just to check it out. Can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I'd planned on doing the marathon! Departed from McNears beach in San Rafael at 9:00 (HM left at 8:00), went up San Pedro Road a ways then returned to the beach on the hiking trails. I liked the half road, half trail set up. Very scenic running along the bay but it was much hillier than I expected. Quickly got way too hot, and both events should have started earlier. The bagpiper to the starting line was a nice touch, if somewhat random. Anyway, I enjoyed it but it's hard to know if it will be back next year. Anyone else there last weekend?

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Bagpipes are awesome. Big grin Did they at least refund those who had signed up for the marathon?

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

Hope so! Not sure I'd want to bank on a credit for next year....

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR