Northern California Forum

Intro (Read 639 times)

Grzldvt

Hmmmm. I recognize a name or two over here. If you can't tell, I have run Big Sur all 22 times and working on #23. Hup and I have put a few runs together. After Big Sur is the Bishop Ultra, and then Tahoe Relays. Beyond that no clue. Although I have a couple of people wanting me to organize a fall run in one of my favorite spots, so I will have to see how the summer goes Wink I keep threatening to do Bizz Johnson, but the timing never seems to work out. Anybody know who setup the South Bay group and has membership blocked????

32 Big Surs working on number 33

Me and the boys

hi there. Misty from Loomis (half hour north of Sacto). Just joined the Nor-Cal forums. Signing up for the American River Parkway HM on 5/3. Anyone else doing it? I run too slow to actually pace with most people, but it would be cool to see someone else there from RA.
      -Misty "I would rather try and die, than live and wonder."
        hi there. Misty from Loomis (half hour north of Sacto). Just joined the Nor-Cal forums. Signing up for the American River Parkway HM on 5/3. Anyone else doing it? I run too slow to actually pace with most people, but it would be cool to see someone else there from RA.
        Welcome Misty. Smile I'm in Auburn, just up the hill from you. Do you like trail running? If so, let me know, since I try to get a group of people to run, usually on Fridays and Sundays, and am trying to get a Running Club going in this area, too. A couple friends I work with were goping to do that HM, but something came up so they can't, and are trying to find another one as their 1st HM.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado

Me and the boys

Welcome Misty. Smile I'm in Auburn, just up the hill from you. Do you like trail running? If so, let me know, since I try to get a group of people to run, usually on Fridays and Sundays, and am trying to get a Running Club going in this area, too. A couple friends I work with were goping to do that HM, but something came up so they can't, and are trying to find another one as their 1st HM.
          Hi there! Sadly, I havent done trail running since grade school. Eventually, it would be a fun adventure that I would like to try. I'm too slow just yet though. If I really push myself, I can average a 13mm, but not too far. Also, I have a fun tendency for tripping over my own feet, so I need some more experience leaning how to use legs before attempting trail running! I will keep it in mind though, when I think I can start to keep up! Thanks for letting me know. Sounds like a terrific time!
          -Misty "I would rather try and die, than live and wonder."

California Dreaming

Hornitos is March 9 .... here's a link to the Merced Running Club page http://www.elite.net/mtc/calendar/igh_race_info.htm Hornitos is hilly, but it's more constant rolling rather than any long climbs or descents. The race is small, with a friendly attitude and a fun little pancake breakfast afterward that is held in the old meeting hall and put on by the Hornitos Patrons Club. Good stuff! hup
            Hup~ So, did your wife run at Hornitos? It ended up to be a gorgeous day; I didn't make it. My knee has been giving me issues since Jan & I haven't ran until this week again. I really wanted to but was out of shape. There was a group from the Studio (where I work out) that went. They said they had lots of fun; I'm so bummed I missed it. Oh well, next year. I am trying to get some miles in again. So, is there any other easy races coming up around here? I think I am needing something to train for.
            hup

Hup~ So, did your wife run at Hornitos? It ended up to be a gorgeous day; I didn't make it. My knee has been giving me issues since Jan & I haven't ran until this week again. I really wanted to but was out of shape. There was a group from the Studio (where I work out) that went. They said they had lots of fun; I'm so bummed I missed it. Oh well, next year. I am trying to get some miles in again. So, is there any other easy races coming up around here? I think I am needing something to train for.
              No, my sweetie didn't want to run Hornitos. I ended up skipping Napa due to a knee that I ended up having surgery on this past Tuesday. Seems like it went well ... time will tell. We have a Mothers' Day 5 Mile race here in Madera. It's usually 100 or so runners and flat and easy. There is also the 4th of July race in Atwater, also 5 miles. Hope that your running picks up as your knee feels better. hup

California Dreaming

No, my sweetie didn't want to run Hornitos. I ended up skipping Napa due to a knee that I ended up having surgery on this past Tuesday. Seems like it went well ... time will tell. We have a Mothers' Day 5 Mile race here in Madera. It's usually 100 or so runners and flat and easy. There is also the 4th of July race in Atwater, also 5 miles. Hope that your running picks up as your knee feels better. hup
                Hup~ I have known about the Atwater run; infact, I did run it Y~E~A~R~S ago. It was fun! But, I hate to commit to that one knowing the weather maybe Hecka hot. Cool I will have to see about the Mom's day run in Madera; that could be fun. My sister lives down in the area, maybe we can do it :] Is it listed on the merced runner webpage? Hopeyour knee heals quickly and you are back out on the trails soon~
                  Well, when I saw this was a Northern California group, I thought you might at least be talking about the real Nor Cal. Cool Up where I live in Eureka, 1 1/2 hours south of the CA/OR line. You guys are all between 4 and 6 hours away from me. That's a bit more than a day trip to check out some trails. However, we have participated in three PCTR events, the last two weeks ago, the Pirates Cove 30k. If you're ever interested in running one of their events, do it. It's very well organized, very well marked, has THE best aid stations, and at the end pots of chili and chicken soup. Sara and Wendell do a fantastic job. We did Pirates with them last year, too, as well as Salt Point. We'll be heading to Portland, OR, in May for the Forest Park 50k. Glad to find you guys. May want to pick your brains at some point for good running trails down your respective ways. Later!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance