Northern California Forum

Intro (Read 639 times)

talie

trying to beat the bunny

Talie, will you be skiing? I used to XC at Royal Gorge all the time, although we didn't stay up there much. Now the drive is just too much of a hassle with the two little ones, plus they can't do a 30k day with me, so . . . . Wink I miss XC though.
    Anne - Before we had the kids we'd xc ski all the time. Now we tend to do some snowshoeing and a whole lot of sledding. The cabin we rent is right next to a sled hill so it works out well. One of the days we're up there I think we are going to try to get ds up on skis. According to a post trails2run just posted, it sounds like it is snowing as low as Auburn, so the drive tomorrow could be an adventure.
    Natalie

2008 goals -5% spring weightloss goal - 126 lbs.
    - run 1000K
    - run a couple of 10Ks, maybe a half???

Kings Canyon NP 07'

Hello from Los Gatos. I just ran in 48 degree weather, but I noticed that the nights are staying lighter later!

left-right-left-right-repeat

Welcome, triposer! We used to live down in Almaden Valley, near McKean Rd. and I used to run the trails at Quicksilver Park as training runs for hiking.
        Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
          Hi All, My name is Ewa. I live in San Jose. Running whenever and wherever (ant that includes treadmills) I can. My plan is to run more trails this year but I don't always have the time to make the drive. I am not much into racing but I might do a couple this year. Glad to have this group.
          I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
          hup

Hi everyone - nice to find this group. I'm Henry and I live in the Central Valley in Madera. We have a daughter who is a senior at USF, so I spend time in the Bay Area. I also like the Sac area and have run CIM 4 times. I'm running the Kaiser Half in SF tomorrow (2/3), and am training for Napa (3/2 .... I just realized it's just a month away ..... eek! Wink) Nice to meet you.

Dog-Love

Hi All, My name is Ewa. I live in San Jose. Running whenever and wherever (ant that includes treadmills) I can. My plan is to run more trails this year but I don't always have the time to make the drive. I am not much into racing but I might do a couple this year. Glad to have this group.
              Hey Ewa...I haven't seen you post in years. I am in this group even though I live in AK because my family still lives in Berkeley and I run that fire trail whenever I can. Plus...how can you not like Northern CA. Curious...did you end up running the Bizz Johnson Marathon and if you did, did you enjoy it?
              Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                No, I did not run Bizz Johnson. Sad My family situation in Poland got in the way.Haven't been even able to keep good track of my training. Oh, well, there is aways next year - for some reason I would really like to run THIS marathon. Maybe this year will be kinder. Ewa
                I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Dog-Love

I did end up running it although slower than I wanted (4:43:47) and I would have loved to have trained just a bit more. I should have been able to finish this one in 4:25. It was beautiful!!! The trail was perfect and if I lived closer I would consider running it again. I'm sure you'll get to it! I half-heartedly have the Big Sur Marathon as one I would like to do.
                  Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                    Big Sur is on my to do list also. It is a bit more hilly which I would like (flat runs tire my muscles) I would also love to do The Ave Marathon in the redwoods. And then there is Napa Valley Marathon... better go out there and put some miles in. E
                    hup

Big Sur is on my to do list also. It is a bit more hilly which I would like (flat runs tire my muscles) I would also love to do The Ave Marathon in the redwoods. And then there is Napa Valley Marathon... better go out there and put some miles in. E
                      I've done Big Sur, Bizz Johnson, and also Ave of the Giants .... and am running Napa next month Smile They're all great races .... each a bit different than the rest. hup
                      stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I'm doing the Ave 10k this year. I can't wait!

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

California Dreaming

Hi All~ I am over in the Valley. Not too far from Hup. Hey Hup I am just about 20 minutes north of Merced. Am hoping to Run in Hornitos in March; am recovering from a knee injury. Glad to find a local group Smile
                          hup

Welcome JFish! Hornitos is one of my favorite races. It's the week after Napa, so I probably won't run, but I am planning on working the race (as a member of Merced Running Club http://www.elite.net/mtc/) I've been goading my wife into running it, so that I can run it vicariously through her Smile It would be fun to meet you if we both make it to the race. Have you run Hornitos before? Let me know if you have any questions about it. Congrats on your first halfM! hup

California Dreaming

Hup~ Nope I haven't ran Hornitos before. I just got into the running thing this last October and the 1st and only [so far]has been the 1/2M. I am hoping it all works out and I can make it. Do you have the exact dates?
                              hup

Hornitos is March 9 .... here's a link to the Merced Running Club page http://www.elite.net/mtc/calendar/igh_race_info.htm Hornitos is hilly, but it's more constant rolling rather than any long climbs or descents. The race is small, with a friendly attitude and a fun little pancake breakfast afterward that is held in the old meeting hall and put on by the Hornitos Patrons Club. Good stuff! hup