Oklahoma Runners Club

Hey guys (Read 296 times)

Hello, I'm evryday.  Thanks for starting the Oklahoma Runners Club.  I see you guys are in Stillwater.  I went to school there, "back in the day." 

I usually post in the Masters group but saw this new group pop up. 

I live in Northwest OK and run a couple times a week. 

Would be great to see this group take off.

See you around.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

clydesdale

What city in NW OK?  I share your sentiment reference the group taking off but I don't know how many other okies are on this forum.  You thinking about doing the OKC marathon?

pfriese

pfriese here, I'm another "old guy" grad from OSU, now located in OKC area. I'll be running Boston in April, so I'll miss the Remember the Ten run this year. I'm also signed up for a relay team at OKC Marathon.

Paul

I had earlier planned to run OKC marathon, but the training just didn't come around this time.  I'll be looking for a half marathon or two come late May or early June....maybe Andy Payne. 

Hey Paul.  NIce going on Boston.  Is this your first Boston? 

As pfriese mentioned, I should be thinking of doing the 10 in Stillwater.  I might be able to get through a 10K at this point.  What's the date on this one?

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

clydesdale

16 April.

http://www.remembertheten.com/the-rt10-event/remember-the-ten-event-details

pfriese

Hey evryday.

I see stwslowpoke has already given you the date to the Remember the 10. Unless you are just wanting a 10K, I'd recommend the 5K race at Remember the 10. It is a very fast course with nice easy rollers. I PRed on that race last year.

Yup, my first Boston! I still can't believe that I qualified for it last September. Very excited for the race.

Paul

Hey Paul,  I didn't realize there was a 5k.  I just now went to the website and see there is both a 5k and 10k. 

As it turns out, I've got a prior engagement on the 16th.....so maybe next year.

I think you PRd evry race you ran last year! Smile   You had a great year of racing. 

Congrats on the Boston.  Enjoy!

Hey slowpoke.....you have any racing plans? 

Non ducor, duco.

Okie here! Yea us. Im in Chickasha, and I know pfriese. I don't know what else to say other than that. I mean knowing him makes me almost famous. We put on the Road Kill 10 Mile Foot Race last year and hope to do so again in October! 

pfriese

Hey Andahuff!

The only reason I'm almost famous is because I've met you in person AND have run your cRaZy, hilly race.

I'd recommend that race to all you forum members.

Paul

I checked out the 10 mile roadkill race website yesterday.  Sounds like fun.  Is camping at the Ranch permitted the night before the race?

I'd love to get one of the open trophys....those are awesome!  I'm sure I'm not fast enough though.  I'll have to put this race on my schedule

bas.

Hi everyone!

I'm from Tulsa.  I'm thinking of running a race in Stillwater in April-- Lake McMurtry trail run.  Anyone here ever run it, or know anything about it?  Just curious.

Hey guys, I havent heard of the run in April for Lake Mcmurtry, but it sounds like fun. Me and stwslowpoke have been training together recently and I know were bothing doing the Half at the OKC marathon.  This will be both our 2nd halfs. 

Im thinking about doing the marine corp Marathon in DC in October. Would be alot of fun.

Non ducor, duco.

I checked out the 10 mile roadkill race website yesterday.  Sounds like fun.  Is camping at the Ranch permitted the night before the race?

I'd love to get one of the open trophys....those are awesome!  I'm sure I'm not fast enough though.  I'll have to put this race on my schedule

Camping at the Ranch is permitted and encouraged! You just have to steer clear of the Watusi! One of this year's trophy is getting ready in my flower bed right now. I'd love to tell you what it is, but I am sworn to secrecy. 

October 2. Be there. ;-)

obsessor

Competition was actually pretty good, though the times might not be indicative of the quality. The winner went on to run a 2:26 marathon the following week. So, there is that, for reference.

We are trying to make it happen - all we need to do is put in the time and put up the money. Easy, right?

YES! camping is allowed. It is encouraged. I think we only had two campers last year, but we really think it could become "the thing" as people want to have an experience, not just another race.

BTW, i think most people patient enough to hang around for awards were awarded with something. "something." I think we gave away a little of everything.

All in all, it went off very well. We just need more runners to sustain the amount of service we want to provide.

I'll certainly try to to make it and bring a couple others from "my neck of the woods."  Sure sounds like fun.