Pennsylvania Trail & Ultra Running

New Ultra - Tuscarora 24 Hour - July 13-14 (Read 20 times)

AT-runner

Tim

I just got a FB message about his event.  Don't know these trails, but looks like fun.  These are Mt. Bike people who have put on a few trail races.

Tuscarora 24 Hour

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I just looked at it briefly.  Nice to see a 24 hour TRAIL event in central PA.  On the map, Blain is not that far away but then again I know that area - I think it's an hour drive for me.  Sounds like a cool event.  Not sure it's for me this year but maybe next year.  Quite a tough time of year though - we've had high 90's the last few July's with high humidity.  That could be a game changer.

AT - I couldn't figure out who it is that is putting this event on.  Is it an organization? A group of trails runners?

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

AT-runner

Tim

It's being put on by fast Forward Racing.  I think they are out of Carlisle, PA.  Mostly do Mt. Bike races.  They did a 1/2 marathon in Michaux the last 2 years.  This race is tied to one of the Mt. Bike races the same weekend (different trails).  Looks interesting.  I might have to give it a go.  I'm about and hour away as well.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

FTYC

Faster Than Your Couch!

It looks great and is withing convenient driving distance for me, too (1.5 hrs). I might give it a whirl, to see what it's like to run for 24 hrs before my attempted first 100 miler.

Run for fun.

Trail Monster

Unfortunately it's too close to BR100. Of course, if anyone is up for some trail running in the Cuyahoga River Valley on 7/27-7/28, I'm in need of pacers and crew. Wink

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop