Pennsylvania Trail & Ultra Running

Trails @ Valley Forge National park (Read 20 times)

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

I have done lots of running on the "hard" trail.  Hard as in the paved trail around the park years ago before my trail running days.  I understand there are lots of trails around.  I am hoping to get in a run there on Monday (Memorial Day) as I am visiting family in the area.  Any suggestions for a 60-90 minute run? I am beginning to look at maps or the Mount Joy/My Misery area.  Looks fairly straight forward - I think.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

Here's my blog post about a VF run I did a couple months back:

http://trailsandcocktails.blogspot.com/2013/02/exploring-valley-forge.html

The 7.25 mile trail route I did was taken from this website.  I added on another 7 on the paved path to get 14. I recommend the trail route, (Start at horseshoe trailhead, then to Mount Misery Trail down to Valley Creek trail, cross the creek, then do the Mount Joy trails. You can get it done in 90 mins. Good climbs and nice views. Have fun!

TrailProf

Le professeur de trail

That website is super helpful.  I remember reading your blog entry on VF but did not think about going back to refer to it.  Thanks.  Now I just have to find a way to sneak away for 90+ minutes.

My favorite day of the week is RUNday

That website is super helpful.  I remember reading your blog entry on VF but did not think about going back to refer to it.  Thanks.  Now I just have to find a way to sneak away for 90+ minutes.

I recommend parking at Washington's Headquarters. It's the closest lot to the trails, I believe.