Pennsylvania Trail & Ultra Running

Dirty German 50k (Read 26 times)

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Anyone else beside TnC and myself running this one?  I've heard the trails are pretty tame.. any comments from folks who've run it before?

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

I've not run it before, but I've also heard the trails are pretty runnable.  I'll be doing my first 50-miler there next Sunday Surprised

muppy

I gonna do the 25K for my first trail race, no expectations for me other than to just finish and have fun! Hope you all have a great run! I found an elevation profile that has it at elevation gain of 1320 for each lap, that dosnt sound bad.

Hey we should all try to meet up at some point! I don't know what I'm wearing yet since literally ALL of my running clothes are dirty right now. But  I will be wearing my hair in braids with a bandana and sunglasses.

I did one training run here early on in my 50k training, and it's very runnable. It's not FLAT but the hills are not really intimidating. I did not run the actual course, but all the trails I ran on were pretty, and I don't remember them being super rocky or anything.  If anyone here has run in the Wissahickon park, it's kind of a smaller version of that park.

Run Muppy - where did you get the elevation profile? I can't seem to find one.

muppy

Trails, I found it on someone's race report. I'll try to post it from my phone, not sure if I can?

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

How about a meet up at 7 or 7:30, may be near (see map) the aid station map #4) or 50M start line.

If my laundry plan and weather works, I'll be in a black sleeveless "Hamilton Area Trail Runs" shirt. 6'2" and mostly bald.  Big guy,. you can't miss me easily..

muppy

The elevation profile posted, then disappeared?

If anyone would like it just pm me your email.

How about a meet up at 7 or 7:30, may be near (see map) the aid station map #4) or 50M start line.

If my laundry plan and weather works, I'll be in a black sleeveless "Hamilton Area Trail Runs" shirt. 6'2" and mostly bald.  Big guy,. you can't miss me easily..

Since the race starts at 8:00, why don't we meet up at 7:30 at the aid station? I don't know how crowded it will be at that time under the pavilion, but if we list what we're wearing it will probably work out.

I just ordered a new tie-dye bandana which is supposed to come on Friday, and will likely be wearing a yellow tank top and black shorts.

muppy

Sounds good for 7:30 at pavilion, I'm 6'2" with curly hair and probaly be wearing my lucky yellow shirt from my avatar.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

Sounds like a plan... now its time to go eat some Pasta!!

skeene07

Dirty Girl

I ran the 50k last year and it was my husbands first 50M.

That elevation per loop is about what my Garmin said also.

Great race!

i may be a last minute volunteer but still not sure yet...

good Luck everyone!!!

http://staceyrunsandeats.blogspot.com/

4/13 Bull Run Run 50 miler- DONE!

Is this the RR you found it on? This is pretty informative, and contains a 1 loop elevation chart.

http://www.groovygoat.com/2012/05/dirty-german-race-report.html

AT-runner

Tim

Good luck this weekend.  Hope everyone has a great race.  I'll be running Sole Challenge 24 hour Sat-Sun, so say a prayer for me since it's a 1.55 mile loop on ASS-phalt.

“Paralysis-to-50k” training plan is underway! 

muppy

Trails, that's the one.

Good luck to everyone, and you too AT- runner!

Good luck this weekend.  Hope everyone has a great race.  I'll be running Sole Challenge 24 hour Sat-Sun, so say a prayer for me since it's a 1.55 mile loop on ASS-phalt.

I SO wanted to come out and see SJ talk there.  If the Dirty German wasn't the next day, I would probably even be volunteering for the Sole Challenge. Have a great time, and don't forget to update us after the race!