Pickens County Y Race Team

Anderson YMCA triathlon (Read 7 times)

pschriver

http://www.active.com/anderson-sc/triathlon/races/anderson-area-ymca-triathlon-2014

I just checked out link and noticed that the race is not requiring the one day USAT insurance charge. They mention it is $10 but It was at least $11 last year and I believe is either $12 or $12.50 this year. I'm not sure if this is going to be a new trend or not. Does this influence your choice of doing a race?

I also noticed they used Active for registration but it doesn't appear to list the names of the participants as they register. Does this influence whether or not you would register?

The extra 12$ doesn't really sway me either way. If I want to do the race bad enough then I'll pay.

Lori

pschriver

Do you prefer to see the names of the other participant listed as they register? Would that sway you one way or another?

I might like to see who I would be up against but I don't know most of them.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss but I wouldn't avoid a race bc of someone else- it probably makes me work a little harder if it's someone I want to beat Smile

Lori