Pickens County Y Race Team

Which wetsuit (Read 8 times)

tweisner

Here is my situation:

I am 5'6" 120 lbs.  I am smack in between sizes for a blue seventy women's small or medium small wetsuit.

The size information for the small is up to 5'3" and 121 lbs.

The size information for the MS is 5'-5'5" and 117-132 lbs.

The small is totally tight and I max out the suit.  I have been told not to worry with height.

The MS is snug but not tight as I am on the bottom end of the size range for that suit.

The small is hard to get off but takes on very little water.

The MS is easier to get off but it takes on more water.

My friend has the small and it was hard for her to get off at Clemson this weekend. It took her 3 min in transition after the swim.  I have the MS.  I can get out of it rather easily.  However, I feel like the loch ness monster getting out of the water.  I can feel and see the water leaving the suit out the legs.

Should I size up or down?

- itri - 

pschriver

The wetsuit should be snug but not constricting. It is not supposed to be water tight which is what differentiates it from a dry suit. As soon as you get in the water you should let in little gulps of water and get the air out. The thin layer of water warms up and is what protects you from hypothermia.

I would say size up assuming that means what you wore. It will fill up with water and will bog you down slightly when you first get out but you will get used to it.