Pickens County Y Race Team

Chattanooga??? (Read 12 times)

ehunter

It sold out in less than 3 minutes!  Unbelievable.

Did anyone get in?  I hit the send button at 12:04 and got a "sold out" reply instantly.  I kept trying for awhile thinking it was a server issue.  At 12:30ish, Andrew Messick, the IM WTC President, tweeted that it sold out in under 3 minutes.

WTC offered early entry to a number of major triathlon clubs across the country - they were able to register yesterday, so maybe that was why it filled so fast.

Sooooo, if I do an Ironman next year - it may be Louisville again for me.  Not sure yet what the plans may be now.  I do know I have to call and cancel some hotel reservations in Chattanooga!

pschriver

I hit the send button at 12:09. I spent too much time filling out the form. I used my password and typed as fast as I could. Not in this year

ehunter

This was on the Chattanooga Facebook page:

IRONMAN Chattanooga went on sale today and is now sold out. Unfortunately our registration system experienced a failure while some of our athletes were logged in and finalizing their registration. We are working with our registration partner to confirm the affected athletes, and to offer them entry into the race.

If that is the case, I will get in because I had already put in my CC number and hit send.  We'll see.

ehunter

Andrew Messick, the CEO of IM/WTC posted this on Slowtwitch:

"If you were logged into the active system before 12:03 and were spit out -- and active has told us that they have a record of everyone in this category -- we are going to be offering general entry into IMCH. We need the scrubbed list from active, which should arrive post haste, and we will start dialing."

pschriver

Wow, I may have gotten in after all. Will wait for the call.

I am too depressed to comment on this thread or even to post a funny picture.  I will just start training for caine halter 2014 i suppose.

Or Raleigh Smile

pschriver

As I am sure you are fully aware, there was an issue with our registration system that resulted in a number of athletes like yourself being unaware that the race was sold out and unable to complete your registration.  We are aware of the frustration and disappointment that this has caused and are sorry. 

The inaugural IRONMAN Chattanooga sold out in record time yesterday. We initially believed that the race sold out in three minutes. In reality, the race sold out in less than a minute.

ehunter

A copy of the email I received:

As I am sure you are fully aware, there was an issue with our registration system that resulted in a number of athletes like yourself being unaware that the race was sold out and unable to complete your registration.  We are aware of the frustration and disappointment that this has caused and are sorry.  

The inaugural IRONMAN Chattanooga sold out in record time yesterday. We initially believed that the race sold out in three minutes. In reality, the race sold out in less than a minute.

Due to the registration system issues, we are opening additional slots to the 2014 IRONMAN Chattanooga. These slots will be offered to athletes in the order that they logged in to Active.com yesterday. Unfortunately, there is not enough capacity this year at IRONMAN Chattanooga so if we cannot place you into IRONMAN Chattanooga, you will have the option to reserve a slot at one of the following 2014 events based on log-in time and availability:  IRONMAN Florida, IRONMAN Arizona or IRONMAN Lake Tahoe.

We will communicate the details of this program to you no later than Wednesday, September 11 2013.

Again, please accept our apologies for this situation

ehunter

Peter, the emails have started going out.  I've heard from a number of people who didn't get in, and have only heard from one saying that he did.  Hopefully we will know something soon.

alex-o

Anyone in?

pschriver

I just got my rejection e-mail today. I do have the option of early entry into Az, Fla or Tahoe but none of those interest me. Cozumel would be my choice..

ehunter

I was rejected as well.  No Chattanooga for me.

I did go ahead and send in my request for priority registration for Ironman Arizona as my first choice and IM Florida as my second.   Don't know if I will register or not, but I will have a couple of months to give it some thought.   I just wanted to make sure I get the invite in case I decide to do so.  I'm not motivated at the moment to do another Ironman...maybe it'll change.  May end up being Louisville again.

tweisner

Peter, did you hear how Chattanooga went?  I heard tacks and oil were put out on the bike course.

- itri - 

Chatt 2015:

Hunter:  IN

Parks:  IN

McCollum:  IN

Me: IN

anyone else?