Pickens County Y Race Team

Marla (Read 11 times)

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let yall know that a member of our race team, an instructor at the Y and the strongest and most beautiful woman I know is dealing with great hardship and needs our prayers and support.  Two weeks ago Marla was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer.  As you can imagine this came as a complete shock to her and all of us who love her.    She will undergo a mastectomy and radiation next month.

Sadly, her mother passed away suddenly on Wednesday.  The funeral is at Dillard's Funeral Home in Pickens tomorrow at 11:00.

Please pray for Marla and her two children and support her in any way you can.

Sid and I are working on a fundraiser for her and I will post the details on that as soon as its available.

Oh no..... that's terrible.  but she is strong and she will beat it.

tweisner

Thanks for letting us know.  Keep us posted on how we can help out.

- itri - 

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/marla-s-fight-fund/172932

Please consider helping Marla and her children during this time.

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fundraiser/marla-s-fight-fund/172932

Please consider helping Marla and her children during this time.

Hi Cindy, could you pass on some info to Marla?  Could you recommend listening to a podcast... Timothy Keller "Worship".  My mom is also dealing with cancer and i heard it recently and thought it was pretty relevant.   And for what it's worth...  I've been listening to a lot of his podcasts and they are excellent.  "Struggle for Love" is another one I listened to recently and it was great.  I'd highly recommend them to anyone who is humble enough to be willing to learn some new stuff.  He can take parts of the bible that you thought you understood and teach you much more.

It's on I-tunes

Thank you Josh!  I will pass that along to Marla.  I hope your Mom is doing well.

thanks, she had the bone marrow transplant 3 weeks ago and is back home slowly recovering.  I think shaving her hair off was the hardest part, but she has a nice wig and is doing ok!

Will Marla be doing chemo?

Wow, I'm sure she is so thankful to have you and your family there.  I can't imagine what she is going through.

Marla will not have to have chemo and may not have to have radiation.  The mastectomy is the 19th and they will know more then.  We are over 1/2 way to our fundraising goal for her which is so encouraging.  She is loved by so many people and I am so blessed by her friendship!  She is incredibly strong and I know she will be ok .... It just breaks my heart to see her go through it.