Pickens County Y Race Team

Tri the Swamp Rabbit (Read 12 times)

pschriver

The weather ended up being tolerable for the race this past weekend. 4 members of the race team showed up and all four ended up with podium spots in their age groups. Overall it was decent day.

AJasso

Good job everyone! Maybe we will get to do at least one race this year without rain! Wouldn't that be nice?!?!

tweisner

I would say overall it was an awesome day.  And I thought the weather was great.  It wasn't hot and it wasn't cold.  I don't mind the rain in the summer.  Actually, 5 race team members showed up.  4 of us raced and Mike Russell showed up to cheer us on and to take some notes in order to get ready for his first triathlon.  That was the first time I have placed in a triathlon.  My previous tri finishes have been in the lower half of my age group.  So this was a nice surprise for me.  Congratulations to Peter, Angela, and Randy.  Had fun with you guys.

- itri - 

tweisner

Now this is a hoot:

Congratulations TRACI WEISNER. You have qualified for the Olympic-Distance race at the 2013 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships on August 10 in Milwaukee, Wis., after finishing in the top 10 percent in your age group at the Tri the Swamp Rabbit.

This is a first for me, but I guess you guys have gotten quite a few of those emails, huh?  How about that.

- itri - 

pschriver

Congratulations. Unfortunately Wisconsin is very low on my list for places I would want to visit. Are you planning to go?