Pickens County Y Race Team

New Year's Day (Read 10 times)

tweisner

Just out of curiousity, what do you guys do for New Year's?

Party like its 1999, sleep in the new year, try to stay up til midnight, or what?  Any traditions?

I started a New Year's dash at my house a few years ago.  Everyone runs around the back circle in my neighborhood at 11:30pm.  Then we ring in the New Year and everyone gets a finisher award.

Anyone interested in group run on New Years Day?  Say 10am or maybe an afternoon run?

- itri - 

pschriver

I'm usually working so we watch the ball fall on TV then go to bed. I have run the Greenville News downtown 5k the last few years. I really like the race and it is nice to see improvement over time.

We will be on a cruise this year, so I won't be around

I'm off new years eve but supposed to work new years day...We have ran the gvl news 5k before too.  We usually eat collards and black eyed peas lol but I would run w y'all if I end up being off.

Lori

Traci, I think it's great that you created a race that you can be first overall finisher.  So while everyone else is drinking and eating I bet you're stretching and warming up huh?

Traci, maybe this will inspire you.....

tweisner

I'm gonna see if The Dream Center will let us do this next year for the Christmas Cruise !!

You have to come back up and run it....LOL

- itri - 

tweisner

Holy cow, I see Castleman has logged in 4 miles.  Incredible! Way to go, Josh!

- itri - 

that's you in the front right josh?

Lori