Pickens County Y Race Team

Introduction (Read 11 times)

R Simpson

Hi All,

Was invited quite a while back by Eric to join the group here.  Just now getting around to it.  I am from Indiana originally, and moved to SC a couple years ago.  I have really only started running consistently this past year.  Hoping to put in some more miles this year, and compete in more races.  Just recently did the Greenville News 5k, and hope to do the rest of the corporate shield events.  I am considering doing the Swamp Half in March.

I look forward to getting to know you guys better though the forums.  You are definitely more active than my last group.

Robert 

AJasso

Welcome to the group!  Hope to see you at some races soon! Smile

tweisner

Hi Robert,

How did the Gville News 5K go?  Pretty chilly morning.

I did the Swamp Rabbit Half last year.  You'll enjoy that.

What are the corporate shield events?

I signed up for a 10K in Asheville Saturday.  Weather.com says the overnight low Friday is 15.

Welcome!

Traci

- itri - 

R Simpson

The GN 5k went well for how cold it was.  It was something like 18 degrees at the start of the race.

I have done the Swamp Half before, and I really liked it.  Nice flat race.

The corporate shield events are races throughout the year that companies employees can compete in representing your employer, and you get points toward your Team.  I work at BMW, and we compete in it.  We came in third last year behind Michelin and GE I believe.  Here is a link if you are interested:

http://www.greenvilletrackclub.com/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=515359&module_id=3577

The next race is the Milliken Earth run which is all on grass I believe.  I have signed up for that race as well.

pschriver

Welcome to the group.

I have done the Greenville News a couple of times but after freezing through the Turkey Trot and suffering over the last couple of weeks, I have decided to do most of my workouts inside.

pschriver

Hi Robert,

How did the Gville News 5K go?  Pretty chilly morning.

I did the Swamp Rabbit Half last year.  You'll enjoy that.

What are the corporate shield events?

I signed up for a 10K in Asheville Saturday.  Weather.com says the overnight low Friday is 15.

Welcome!

Traci

A 10k in Asheville in late Jan may win you the crazy award.. I hope it doesn't snow

tweisner

Welcome to the group.

I have done the Greenville News a couple of times but after freezing through the Turkey Trot and suffering over the last couple of weeks, I have decided to do most of my workouts inside.

You win the "JOSH Award".

- itri - 

Bundle up traci ! At least u won't be cycling outside lol.  Welcome Robert !

Lori

Welcome Robert!  Tell Eric to get back on the forum! Just because Traci is faster than him now, he has been withdrawn.

tweisner

Welcome Robert!  Tell Eric to get back on the forum! Just because Traci is faster than him now, he has been withdrawn.

LOL LOL LOL

This one is now my new favorite post and I am going to print it out to have it framed and displayed.

- itri - 

tweisner

Bundle up traci ! At least u won't be cycling outside lol.  Welcome Robert !

Asheville turned out not so bad.  There was no wind and it was 22.  But I was well dressed and sweating after a half mile.  Bad uphill finish.  I got a 52:14 chip time.  52:38 gun time.

- itri - 

tweisner

Robert - so just checking to see if you are Robert Simpson?  and you have joined the race team?   I send out YRT emails and there is a Robert Simpson whose email gets returned to me.  Do you have a new email address?

- itri -