Pickens County Y Race Team

Serious post for Josh...no, really it is. (Read 84 times)

ehunter

Josh...30+miles for the week in just under 3:49:00???

Thats an overall pace of 7:37 approximately if I'm figuring correctly.

I'm impressed.

tweisner

Josh, you ran 15 miles outside Saturday morning at 8:30?  It was in the 30s.  I'm impressed with that.

- itri - 

haha you guys are stalkers!

well whatever progress i had made, it is certainly gone now.   I have been eating complete junk, not exercising, not sleeping and I got a horrible case of diarrhea yesterday.  it was the worst i've ever had!  up all night and problems all christmas day.

By the way, let me tell you about that 15 mile run......

I went with a friend who is a fast runner and I was worried i would slow him down....  well we started out too fast (too fast for me, not for him) and I survived about 13 miles, and then I had to walk/jog the last 2.  I completely died.  It made me realize that I don't have enough time to get where i need to be for the myrtle beach marathon, so I emailed and asked to be switched to the half.

The good news is you'll smoke the half. The bad news, you might have to do it in a diaper Sad  Sorry about your colon. Feel better.

tweisner

haha you guys are stalkers!

well whatever progress i had made, it is certainly gone now.   I have been eating complete junk, not exercising, not sleeping and I got a horrible case of diarrhea yesterday.  it was the worst i've ever had!  up all night and problems all christmas day.

By the way, let me tell you about that 15 mile run......

I went with a friend who is a fast runner and I was worried i would slow him down....  well we started out too fast (too fast for me, not for him) and I survived about 13 miles, and then I had to walk/jog the last 2.  I completely died.  It made me realize that I don't have enough time to get where i need to be for the myrtle beach marathon, so I emailed and asked to be switched to the half.

I realize I am not in your league, but I don't get that.  Is it that you feel you can't do it at the pace you want?  You're still 6 weeks away.  I'm just trying to conquer the miles not the pace.  Where do you believe you NEED to be I guess is my question?

- itri - 

I realize I am not in your league, but I don't get that.  Is it that you feel you can't do it at the pace you want?  You're still 6 weeks away.  I'm just trying to conquer the miles not the pace.  Where do you believe you NEED to be I guess is my question?

in my league?  i recall you winning your age group at Spinx!  I've never even placed in a race that big!  but to answer your question... since i have completed a marathon already, yes my next goal is to get a fast time.  Training for a marathon takes a toll on your body and your schedule....so I guess if I'm going to make those sacrifices, i don't want to end up with a disappointing time and have to do it all again.  I'd like to just do 1 more marathon and do it fast, and not do any more.  I think 3:20 is what I'd like to shoot for and I don't think i can do that by Feb.  so instead i will try to get a PR in the half.   (but i don't know if they will switch me..i asked but didn't get a response!)