Pickens County Y Race Team

Couch to 5k group (Read 10 times)

So there are at least 10 C25kers...some of their stories are incredible. 425+ lbs down to 180 and using the program for the last 30!

We've come to realize just how life-changing this opportunity is going to be for them.

Two things:

Most of these people need serious support. They need reassurance. And while the program allows for emails and phone calls and group training sessions, the other end of the support spectrum needs to come from their team. We would ask for as much race support as we can muster. It would be so awesome to have a bunch of YRT members lined up at the finish cheering these people on.

Two; we want to include stories of triumph from actual members. Pete, yours is a really good one. In fact, all of us have pretty good stories- we all began somewhere. Except Josh, he might have been born an athletic freak of nature. If you know of someone on the team with an incredible tale of triumph, let me know. Maybe you have a cool story? Let's build these folks up.

The future of YRT is changing. I think as more and more noobs sign up, we're transforming from more of an experienced athlete front to a this-is-your-chance-to-make-fitness-happen team. And that is so awesome!

Very Exciting!  What 5k will they be doing?  And even if I have some level of athleticism, that doesn't translate to strength and endurance.  I have worked and learned as much as anyone else over the past 3 years!  hats off to you for helping the C25kers get started on a better life.

Their first 5k is the Fast Track, May 4...

ehunter

Maybe the newsletter can do a little profile on each one of them after their race.  Maybe devote the newsletter to just that.

Very cool that the couch program is a hit.

Peter, you should talk to the couch to 5k group.  after all, you did a 1 year couch to Ironman.

Eric, you could talk to them about how Kristi made you sleep on the couch for a month and how that motivated you to lose weight and stop eating chips in bed.  (you've shared that story with everyone right?)

pschriver

Peter, you should talk to the couch to 5k group.  after all, you did a 1 year couch to Ironman.

Eric, you could talk to them about how Kristi made you sleep on the couch for a month and how that motivated you to lose weight and stop eating chips in bed.  (you've shared that story with everyone right?)

I am way to honest to tell a Couch to Ironman story. I have a lot of respect for the 140.6 distance. I had no intention of ever going that far when I first started triatlons. I honestly thought a marathon or even a 1/2 marathon was out of the question. It took me 3 years of training to simply finish. The first was a struggle just to have enough fitness to start a basic training program. The second full year I spent doing the Olympic distance and running at a half marathon level. The 3rd year my only goal was to complete the Ironman. I spent countless hours swimming, biking and running. In spite of all my training, my IM finish wasn't pretty. I set a PR but will knock off several hours from that time this year

Their first 5k is the Fast Track, May 4...

Very cool, that will be a good unintimidating race.  Wait, when is your due date?  Are you still planning on having the baby in your garden?  You are so organic!

You know, Josh, placenta encapsulation isn't so weird anymore. in fact, I was hoping to prepare you a lovely post birth meal. It'll be nutrient-rich and full of protein.