Pickens County Y Race Team

Reedy and Eric Hunter (Read 9 times)

First of all, who all from YRT is doing Reedy River???

Also, we all need to wish Eric a speedy recovery.  He hurt his knee pretty bad.  The silver lining is that he has been doing more weight training.  Last night I asked him how his knee was doing and he texted me this picture.  I'm not sure why he always texts me pictures of himself, but I guess that his just his love language.

pschriver

Just when I thought this forum was dead.

Good luck on the recovery Eric and lay off the 'ROIDs for a little while. At least you have learned how to get Josh's affection I mean attention.

tweisner

Just when you thought it was dead it rises from the ashes.

I won entry into the Reedy at Barley's and signed up for the 10K.  My half plan calls for a 7 mile run at race pace on March 2.  But I'm doing the Reedy in place of that.  Then March 9 is the GHS Half.  Already getting excited about it.  Less than 2 weeks of training left out of 14. woohoo  or woot woot or yippy-ki-a

Josh, are you running or babysitting?

- itri - 

tweisner

And E, most certainly wish you a speedy recovery with the knee.

Injuries are ...hummmm annoying.   Injuries are annoying...and aggravating.

- itri - 

tweezer: i'm running! (but my running lately has not been so impressive)

i see some possible snow in forecast.  can't wait for warmer weather.

What is your goal time??

ehunter

I forgot that I had gotten so big.  That picture must be at least a year old.  Anyway, I went on the Mediterranean Diet and dropped a few pounds.  This is my latest:

ehunter

Oh, and Ryan is doing the 5K at Reedy.

Thanks for the sympathetic knee wishes, but it isn't that bad...just a minor injury that'll pass.

tweisner

tweezer: i'm running! (but my running lately has not been so impressive)

i see some possible snow in forecast.  can't wait for warmer weather.

What is your goal time??

Castlemania:  yes, your calendar shows your rest days out number your training days.

There is no snow in the forecast, you Florida boy.  You can take the boy out of Florida but you can't take the Florida out of the boy.  Warmer weather means my face will be entirely too red after workouts.

My goal time would be anything under last years time, 52:23.

What's your goal?  To beat Scott Murr?

- itri - 

hahah YES! to beat Scott Murr...that's my goal.  Hey Peter, is Scott Murr racing?  What will his time be?  what kind of compression shorts does he wear?

Castlemania:  yes, your calendar shows your rest days out number your training days.

There is no snow in the forecast, you Florida boy.  You can take the boy out of Florida but you can't take the Florida out of the boy.  Warmer weather means my face will be entirely too red after workouts.

My goal time would be anything under last years time, 52:23.

What's your goal?  To beat Scott Murr?

Saturday:   A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

pschriver

hahah YES! to beat Scott Murr...that's my goal.  Hey Peter, is Scott Murr racing?  What will his time be?  what kind of compression shorts does he wear?

He was at the Duathlon so you missed a chance to beat him. He was 4th overall, 1st in masters.

I told him how frustrated you were at the Downtown 5k loosing to to an over-the-hill runner. He laugh and said occasionally you have to beat down the young guys to keep them  humble.  FWIW he brought 5-6 of his students to the race on borrowed bikes. They mostly had weak bike split but a couple of them had incredible run splits.

tweisner

Saturday:   A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 45. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Alrighty,  I see there is some percipitation in the forecast.  Hopefully, we will be outta there before the rain starts.

I'm adjusting my goal time to 50:32.  That is one second faster than Shannon's time last year.

- itri -