Pickens County Y Race Team

2/20/2 Duathlon Feb. (Read 5 times)

Peter, very funny!  You are in awesome shape and you know it.  Keep up the good work.

I see that there is a winter storm warning up there and that the low on Wednesday will be 10.  Be careful everyone!

by the way Angela J. is in town visiting.  Kate just left to take her to pick oranges.  I think we're going to the pool later.

Gosh I thought I was doing pretty good averaging 15mph lol guess I have a long way to go!

Lori

pschriver

Gosh I thought I was doing pretty good averaging 15mph lol guess I have a long way to go!

70.3 if I remember correctly?

tweisner

Congratulations, Peter.  That's great!  You may feel un-deserving but you got out there and did it.  You didn't get an award just for participating.  You actually beat  some other people.  Some of our YRT age group winners won because they took the time to sign up, show up, finish the race, and log in the dog gone thing.  Not Olympic race times, but just doing it.  It's amazing how many people just won't take a few minutes to log in a race.  They think it doesn't matter.  And some actually don't care.  But I think they should because what they do can encourage others to do the same thing.

And speaking of - PETER, LOG IN YOUR RACE!!!

Carrie Poole had not logged in one race until like November.  She didn't think she had a chance of winning.  She didn't if she had not logged them in.  Cindy M encouraged her to do so.  She won her age group.  People sell them selves short constantly.

Patti Kay did one race.  Or at least she only logged in one race.  But she did.  Only one in her age group.  She won, of course.  She gets a prize for doing so.  I hope it will inspire her to continue.

Oh well, that's my soap box for today.

I got 4th in my age group at Green Valley.  Thankfully, they award to the top five.  I got a pair of socks.  I finished in 1:28:04.  Top in my age group was 1:20:00.  That lets me know I still have potential.  But very proud to be in the top five at that race.  And sporting the YRT shirt, too.

- itri - 

pschriver

Congrats on a great race. I knew you would bounce back at some point. Like a rubber ball, the harder it hits rock bottom, the higher it will go.

Congratulations, Peter.  That's great!  You may feel un-deserving but you got out there and did it.  You didn't get an award just for participating.  You actually beat  some other people.  Some of our YRT age group winners won because they took the time to sign up, show up, finish the race, and log in the dog gone thing.  Not Olympic race times, but just doing it.  It's amazing how many people just won't take a few minutes to log in a race.  They think it doesn't matter.  And some actually don't care.  But I think they should because what they do can encourage others to do the same thing.

And speaking of - PETER, LOG IN YOUR RACE!!!

Carrie Poole had not logged in one race until like November.  She didn't think she had a chance of winning.  She didn't if she had not logged them in.  Cindy M encouraged her to do so.  She won her age group.  People sell them selves short constantly.

Patti Kay did one race.  Or at least she only logged in one race.  But she did.  Only one in her age group.  She won, of course.  She gets a prize for doing so.  I hope it will inspire her to continue.

Oh well, that's my soap box for today.

I got 4th in my age group at Green Valley.  Thankfully, they award to the top five.  I got a pair of socks.  I finished in 1:28:04.  Top in my age group was 1:20:00.  That lets me know I still have potential.  But very proud to be in the top five at that race.  And sporting the YRT shirt, too.

Traci! only 8 min from winning your age group!  You are such a great runner.  So when can I purchase one of your new YRT shirts?  #anxious

tweisner

Ha, Ya'll are sweet to put up with me.

Thanks, Peter.  I like that little saying.

And thank you, Josh.  We will  make sure you get a shirt,  I'll send you a pic of them.

- itri - 

tweisner

I opened car doors this morning for 15 minutes.  It was freezing.

- itri -