Pickens County Y Race Team

REV 3 Anderson )ct 13 (Read 11 times)

Wait...not ALL Y events are 4s...

pschriver

I would like to go watch, I have only seen pics of starting in waves.

Are there any plans to ride this Sat?

Lori asked me about that today. She wants to ride.  I probably won't because of the race. The waves at REV3 are not as impressive as IM events but IM events are trying to avoid wave starts due to the dangers. REV limits it's waves to 100 people while IM will have a 2,500+ wave all heading toward the first buoy. If you go to watch, you may want to park at Civic center and take the bus to the park. If you have even the remotest ability to paddle a kayak, consider being a volunteer  and get front row seating. REV 3 really treats their volunteers well.

pschriver

Wait...not ALL Y events are 4s...

True, some are 1 and 2s but not ours. I just base it on number of participants, other things to do, size of expo, crowd support etc.

tweisner

Tell us about it.  How did it go?  What was the water temp like?

- itri - 

pschriver

The race went well. Water was 76 but felt like bath water in the wetsuit. The sky was overcast so the UV was fine but the temps were perfect. The roads were dry and fast. This is a very well supported race and people came from all over the country to do this race. Mike R. was there to watch but I'm sure he wanted to jump in.

I ended up 3rd in Clydesdale. I knocked about 18 minutes off my overall time and about 6 minutes off my 10k time. I had a great day and received an armload of prizes at the end. Theresa is still sorting through it.

Congratulations Pete! A huge accomplishment!!!

pschriver

Thanks. I really like this race. a little disappointed I couldn't get myself ready for the half but happy to have a good time at the Olympic distance.

tweisner

That is fantastic.  Sounds like so much fun.  Congratulations!  Glad you had a great race!

Hopefully next year you won't be the only YRT participant Smile

- itri - 

mrussell

Way to go Pete!

I kind of regret not doing it, but I am looking toward next year.