Pickens County Y Race Team

It's loney out there... (Read 189 times)

Cyclist seeking Cyclist(s) for long, sweaty rides in the hills. Must be practiced in the art of chasing-dog diversions. Ability to burst out in song a plus! Open to multiple partners, let's see where it goes?! Weekends only.
    ehunter

I'm finally in my taper (woot woot!)...

I'm thinking that the mere mention of multiple partners will have Josh and his bike mechanic all over it.  Of course he may only be able to ride for 15 minutes.

It's cool, Erich... You're totally out of my league. I'm a 4, 5 tops. You're pushing the boundaries of a dynamic 10, my friend (bonus points for goat whispering).

I'm finally in my taper (woot woot!)...

I'm thinking that the mere mention of multiple partners will have Josh and his bike mechanic all over it.  Of course he may only be able to ride for 15 minutes.

Congrats Eric, you are the first adult male that has ever typed "woot woot"

tweisner

That may very well be true..however, there is a guy that does the group runs on T/Th that actually says it.

- itri - 

ehunter

"Woot woot" is gender specific? 

I usually say "hoootie hoo".

Give you a dollar if you can tell me where I got that from?

ehunter

Haley,  you're flying under the radar.  Just looked at your workouts and you're putting in some impressive time.  Did I see where your long bike is up to 3.5 hours?  Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what specifically are you training from?  I remember 'Beach to Battleship" being mentioned, but I don't think I saw where you were comitted to it.  I noticed some terminology that Jamie Church uses regulary for his training plans - any chance he is training you?  Keep up the good work.

tweisner

"Woot woot" is gender specific? 

I usually say "hoootie hoo".

Give you a dollar if you can tell me where I got that from?

Ironically, Hootie hoo was first heard on the whitest show on television,The Andy Griffith Show. It was the greeting at the lodge to which Andy belonged.

Hootie Hoo, Andy! Good to see you back at the lodge.

- itri - 

ehunter

You had to "google" that - no one else but me could possibly know that.

It was also the call between Barney and Gomer when they were spying in on Andy's date night - looking in the window of Helen's home. Gomer was suppose to "hootie hoo" to Barney as a warning when someone was approaching.

pschriver

I'm still at the beach but am still doing my usual long ride on Sat or Sun every weekend. You are welcome to join in anytime. I am doing the G-ville Triathlon this week-end on Sun. After the race I was planning to do a long ride back to Pickens. Probably up to the winery. Let me know if you have any intrest so we can figure out cars

Haley,  you're flying under the radar.  Just looked at your workouts and you're putting in some impressive time.  Did I see where your long bike is up to 3.5 hours?  Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what specifically are you training from?  I remember 'Beach to Battleship" being mentioned, but I don't think I saw where you were comitted to it.  I noticed some terminology that Jamie Church uses regulary for his training plans - any chance he is training you?  Keep up the good work.

Um, gee thanks!

Jamie is my coach...so I try to keep a smooth throughout style Wink

Registered for B2B. But I can't talk about it or I'm likely to spew. Did you get pukishly nervous for your first Half?

ehunter

I wasn't really nervous with my first half - my biggest worry was having a flat. Don't know why, but that worried me more than anything else.  I race on tubulars and at the time I had no experience changing them.  My first half was in Cancun, and all I could think about was going all the way over there and then not finishing my race because of a flat.

Looking at your workouts and time/miles to this point, you don't have anything to worry about.  It looks like you're way ahead of the game.  When the day comes, you'll have more than enough fitness.

Just have fun and don't worry about anything else.  Once the race starts, you won't think of all that other stuff.  It'll be fun - half's are the best distance ever I think.