Pickens County Y Race Team

Sat Ride from Y (Read 10 times)

pschriver

I won't be doing the ride from the Y after the swim session this weekend. My understanding is that Traci is getting a group together to do the Bakery Ride leaving from N. Greenville U at  8 am on Sat 10/5

is it a rough ride? dillard said its a pretty steep climb.

Lori

tweisner

I heard it was steep as well.  But...if it was easy everyone would do it.  Plus you get to eat when you get there and you get to come back down.  It will be an experience regardless.

We are going to meet in the Hamricks parking lot at 7:30am.  We will travel from there together (car pooling if possible) up to NGU.  Wasn't aware when we made the plans, but there is a Cherokee Foothills ride leaving from there at 8 also.

- itri - 

pschriver

It not very steep at all. Less than Caesar's Head. It is a slow steady climb. I imagine you will be joining several hundred cyclist from all over the southeast. You will see license plates from all over

tweisner

It was actually a fantastic ride.  The weather was just right.  Leaving out a little before 8 turned out just right for it not to be too chilling starting out nor too hot on the return.  It's a great route.  Not much traffic at all.  There was one hitch.  The bridge was out on Dividing Waters Rd.  But not to be deterred by that, we walked our bikes over dirt, rocks, and a steel beam to make it to the other side.  We were the first group of cyclist to get to the Wildflour Bakery.  Then we ate and enjoyed watching all the other guys roll in as we gave them that " what took you so long" look.  Lots of fun.  We will do that one again!

There was one other hitch.  None of us are as good as Peter at rounding everyone up and making sure all are with the group.  We got separated close to the end.  I should know this by now - but Never Leave Your Wingman!

- itri - 

i felt really bad leaving theresa and beth hope they werent mad!  seriously i thought they were right behind us! loved our adventure!

Lori

pschriver

I won't be riding this Sat 10/11 either due to the race Sun. I know Lori wants to ride so feel free to go without me.

i can ride tomorrow anytime if anyone wants lmk

Lori

mrussell

I can ride about 2.

Sorry something came up I'm gonna have to ride early Sad

Lori