Pickens County Y Race Team

caesar's head crash (Read 75 times)

good job to everyone that made it to the top of caesar's head this past weekend!  Just wanted to update everyone on Eric's situation... for those that don't know, he tried to go down the mtn too fast and lost control.  He asked me to take a picture of him going fast so he could post it on twitter (below).  This is just a good reminder to be safe and always wear a helmet.  Eric is doing much better, he is in room 69 at the walk-in clinic in Walhalla if you want to send flowers.  The doctors say he is walking on his own and they expect him to be running at full speed again soon (4 mph).

ehunter

I was fortunate that Josh was so far behind me in climbing the mountain that he was able to actually see the wreck.  I had already climbed the mountain and was almost all the way back down when I passed Josh on his way up - then I accidentally ran off the road.

Heh, heh Wink And it's Eric for the win.
        pschriver

I'm just impressed you remembered to land on the back of your hands to avoid breaking your wrist and using your face as a brake. Hope the road rash heals quickly.

I was fortunate that Josh was so far behind me in climbing the mountain that he was able to actually see the wreck.  I had already climbed the mountain and was almost all the way back down when I passed Josh on his way up - then I accidentally ran off the road.

This is true, but at least you could tell everyone why it was taking me so long.  I was trying a new riding method which is much tougher.  Here is the pic that Eric took just before he left me on the mountain: