Pickens County Y Race Team

Planning for 2016 (Read 5 times)

tweisner

I am already thinking about 2016.  It probably isn't too early for us to start talking about getting together to plan for 2016.  Figuring out what our Endorsed Races will be and if we want to pick races for double points, talk about the awards dinner, etc.  It will take awhile to find a common date.

When we get together I would like to include Lori Smile and Jared and Jeff Thompson, who is a wellness coach at the Y.  Jeff has been talking with me about promoting the YRT within Y newsletters and facebook page.  He talked with me about better ways to use the bulletin boards at each Y and offered to post things for us.

Peter and Lori, your schedules are a little more complex.  So if you guys can look to October and lets start throwing out dates that may work.  Early October would be good.

- itri - 

I'm off every tuesday and thursday Smile

Lori

tweisner

Please throw out any suggestions you may have for races/rides/events you would like to see on the 2016 Endorsed Race Calendar.  The Y is preparing their Winter Magazine to send out and would like the 2016 Race Calendar to be included in that.  I need to have it to them by October 7.

Here are some I have put on the list.

Bike rides:

Isaqueenas Last Ride, Walhalla, April

Excel - Chick-Fil-A, Ride for Wellness, Seneca, May

Rally in the Valley, May, Long Creek

YRT Memorial Day Bike Ride, Pickens, May

Miracle Hill Challenge, June

MAC for Kids Ride & 5K, Easley, August

Ride to the Rock, Pickens, September

Runs:

Gville News Downtown 5K, January

Green Valley 8K and 10K, February

GHS Half & 5K, February

Reedy River, March

Azalea Festival 5K, April

Furman 5K, April

Swamp Rabbit 5K, May

Sunrise 8K, June

Firecracker Frolic 5K, July

Doodle Trail 5K, July

Spinx Run Fest, October

Gotta Run Turkey Trot, Clemson, November

Dream Center Christmas Cruise 5K, Easley, December

Paris Mountain Road Race, December

Triathlons:

Parris Island Sprint, March

Clemson Sprint, May

Swamp Rabbit Sprint, July

Greenville Sprint, August

- itri - 

There is also rumor of a triathlon called mountains to Main Street coming in 2016 that would entail a lake swim , bike ride to travelers rest, and run to Greenville. It may have a half and full option. Saw it on Facebook.

http://192.168.1.1:8181/http://www.freshstartsc.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Mountains-to-Main-2016.pdf

Lori

Parris Island in March?  How about drive just little further and do the Great Clermont Olympic tri in March?

www.sommersports.com

That race is a sunday.  On saturday there is a sprint and a Half Iron.

fun race!

tweisner

Can we sign up to be a part of the 2016 Greenville Track Club's Corporate Racing Series?  We could represent Pickens County YMCA.  It would give us something to work towards as a team.  Anyone interested in participating?

The corporate shield races are:

Greenville News Downtown 5K - Jan

Milliken Earth Run Cross Country 5K - Mar

Furman 5K - Apr

GHS Swamp Rabbit 5K - May

Sunrise Run 8K = June

Red, White, & Blue Shoes 5K - July

Edouard Michelin 5k Memorial Race - Aug

BMW  Performance Classic 2 mile - Sept

GE Cross-Country Race (Lake Conestee Park) - Oct

- itri - 

Sounds good to me!

Lori

tweisner

After looking at the by-laws for the corporate shield, the YRT is not eligible since we are not employees of the Y.

- itri - 

tweisner

A reminder that our planning meeting for 2016 is this Thursday, October 29, 6:30 pm at Bleu Voo Doo.

See you guys then!

- itri - 

Ok I should be able to make it!

Lori

pschriver

T and I will be there

Is anyone interested in doing the relay for Mountains to Main? I could do run or bike we would just need a swimmer! The date is May 22.  If not I will just sign up for it and suffer through it if I don't get the training time in.

Lori

tweisner

Ugh, who wants to be the swimmer?!?!

- itri - 

I know, that's the problem   However I think I am going to sign up for the whole thing. Cindy Maxey is probably going to too.  Peter says he is.  Who else??

Lori

I know, that's the problem   However I think I am going to sign up for the whole thing. Cindy Maxey is probably going to too.  Peter says he is.  Who else??

You're going to do the whole Iron distance?  Cindy Maxey too?