Pickens County Y Race Team

aches and pains (Read 145 times)

Traci is dealing with a lower back issue...  she said her piriformis is irritating her sciatic nerve.  I've been dealing with something similar ever since my senior year of high school.  missed my senior year of soccer due to sciatica and i've dealt with a nagging lower back pain since.  It's really not a big deal, but it's always there--and it occasionally gets ugly.  Like a few weeks ago when i missed 3 days of school it was so bad.  Anyway, if anyone has some good advice for Traci, let her know.  I think muscle relaxers and rest (and that electric stimulation machine) is the way to go. 

Traci asked me to take a look at her piriformis, so here's what I found just FYI:

File:Piriformis muscle.jpg

ehunter

Josh, I've always found you to be a pain in the lower back as well.

I've also caught you looking at my piriformis while running behind me.  It made me a little uncomfortable. 

Josh, I've always found you to be a pain in the lower back as well.

I've also caught you looking at my piriformis while running behind me.  It made me a little uncomfortable. 

now my feelings are hurt more than my back.

tweisner

That looks just like the Boston Butt I put in the crock pot this morning.

- itri - 

pschriver

Take the Groove Director (the metal tool in your hand) rotate it 180 degrees and insert it between the Sciatic Nerve and Piriformis Muscle. Cut along the groove 2 cm, That's it. Just put the skin back together and don't leave any instruments behind.

That looks just like the Boston Butt I put in the crock pot this morning.

please keep your coded "bedroom talk" to yourself.  that is inapropriate for this family-friendly forum!

tweisner

Take the Groove Director (the metal tool in your hand) rotate it 180 degrees and insert it between the Sciatic Nerve and Piriformis Muscle. Cut along the groove 2 cm, That's it. Just put the skin back together and don't leave any instruments behind.

Ba Ha Ha Ha !  In this case, the surgeon is the smartest.  Point for Peter.

- itri - 

I think Josh gets a point for making me CRACK UP OUT LOUD with that comment about your crock pot!!!!

ehunter

It took me years to get rid of the last person who told me to take the metal tool in my hand, insert it, and rotate it 180 degrees. 

pschriver

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87779836@N08/

Cindy is my new favorite YRT member.  

I think Josh gets a point for making me CRACK UP OUT LOUD with that comment about your crock pot!!!!

Tee-Hee Smile

That was funny!  I had to share it with the ladies that know Traci in Spin Class this am!

ERIC - EWWWWW!

Peter, your picture didn't post (at least it doesn't come up on my computer) what was it?

Was it this picture of Eric at Ironman Louisville:

pschriver

Close,

I still haven't figured out photos on this site.

I will try again sometime but for now, just blamks