Pickens County Y Race Team

Open water swims at lake Hartwell (Read 15 times)

Traci,

Good luck tomorrow!  Clemson is my favorite sprint race.  You will love it!!  Keep in mind that as you are stripping the wetsuit and running up the hill and trying to breathe while feeling dizzy...there WILL be a photographer RIGHT THERE!  Be sure and sport your best Bo Derek pose Wink

tweisner

Traci,

Good luck tomorrow!  Clemson is my favorite sprint race.  You will love it!!  Keep in mind that as you are stripping the wetsuit and running up the hill and trying to breathe while feeling dizzy...there WILL be a photographer RIGHT THERE!  Be sure and sport your best Bo Derek pose Wink

That's about the funniest thing I have ever read on here.  Trying to picture that (and I see myself flat on my face).  Thanks for the encouragement and the advice/warning.

- itri - 

tweisner

That dizziness is normal so you should expect it on Sat. When you exercise laying flat and then stand upright getting out of the water it takes a while for your body to adjust. It is worse with really cold water and warm air. I have heard that ear plugs help some people but I have never tried them. By the time you run up the hill from the lake the dizziness should be gone. I always try to get my wetsuit unzipped and the top pulled down to my waist as soon as I can getting out of the water while still running towards the transition. Otherwise you will heat up quickly running in a wetsuit.

Good luck tomorrow

I think ear plugs would be good.  Probably won't try them tomorrow but later I will.  Good luck to you as well.  See ya there!

- itri - 

pschriver

Just a reminder that the OWS at Clemson are still going on. I plan to try and make the 5:30 start tomorrow. With the rain and cooler weather a wetsuit may be an option. I'm not sure what the water temp is like at the moment

Btw keowee water was perfect last week like 72 ish - bath water !

Lori