Pickens County Y Race Team

Thanksgiving Day run (Read 11 times)

pschriver

I understand where you are coming from but the short runs are really easy and short. 2 miles at a gentle pace and your mileage will add up quickly. I try to run everyday and even after a bike I try and throw on shoes and finish with a short run. Just a thought

I have to mention that I think Nikki uses something like high intensity, interval work for marathon and Iron distance runs and has very good success. The run often idea can be another option if someone is just not able to survive the FIRST training plan

I remember I used hal higdon's plans for two of my marathons and then I used a training plan from Runner's World for my Savannah marathon.  It was a harder plan than the Hal Higdon but my time was a pr for me.  I like the idea of running less and with higher intensity but my body just wont hold up to it.  I think it has a lot to do with genetics/physiology as to how a person's body responds to training.

Lori

tweisner

Im still on the fence whether to do the turkey trot in gvl but I will def join y'all if I don't !

So which side of the fence did you fall on?  Have you decided?

Anybody talked to anybody who is coming out?  I got about 6 responses.  1 said "sounds great".  5 were "would love to but..."

- itri - 

Dr. schriver gave me his registrationfor greenville turkey trot bc he couldn't run after all, so i'll be doing that one.  I wish yall would do it too, I need a buddy!

Lori

pschriver

Dr. schriver gave me his registrationfor greenville turkey trot bc he couldn't run after all, so i'll be doing that one.  I wish yall would do it too, I need a buddy!

The Dr Schriver entry was my brother's who's plane won't be landing in time for the race. I will be running the race with a friend from Atlanta. You may be right about the running part, I don't think I have done a straight running event in over a year. Hopefully it's like riding a bike.

FWIW I offered 10-1 odds on the race outcome and Tanya was the only one who really thinks you might beat me.

so i get to be an amigo?  you are so going down speedy gonzales and btw the whole or nursing staff is banking on me.

Lori

Did you find enough people to run w/you traci on turkey day ?  If you change your mind come run the turkey trot w me! (and anyone else who wants to)

Lori

tweisner

Did you find enough people to run w/you traci on turkey day ?  If you change your mind come run the turkey trot w me! (and anyone else who wants to)

I don't know who all will show up.  But, it's gonna be a chilly morning!  Glad they are calling for sun by then.  I will be there to say hello and Happy Thanksgiving.  I strained my hip flexor at the Spinx 10K and I am not able to run yet.

I hope you have a great race.

- itri - 

Oh no! Well rest up so u can train for your half marathon and hopefully the HIM in spring Smile

Lori

I am still planning on running tomorrow and will have 3-4 others with me.  Hopefully more will join us!!

I'm sorry you are hurt Tracy  Black eye

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

tweisner

Happy Thanksgiving!!!  Great job everyone!  Thanks for coming out on beautiful cold morning!

- itri - 

tweisner

Anyone thinking of going to the Gotta Run Clemson 5K on Thanksgiving Day?  I sent out an email.  Since it is a certified 5K course I thought if we logged in our time and got points for it someone might show up.  LOL

Whose doing what and going where for Thanksgiving?

- itri - 

I will come if I'm better by then! Taking one more week off running so we will see!

Lori