Pickens County Y Race Team

Sherman (Read 9 times)

tweisner

Am I the only one who things what Richard Sherman said was no big deal?  Erin Andrews caught him in a "football high" moment and he was excited, pumped up, a little ticked off and caught up in all that he said how he felt.  Would he have said that 24 hours later in an interview.  No.

No one is on Crabtree for not being a good sport and shaking the dude's hand.  But hey, I'm not sure I would have wanted to shake his hand after he just busted my play and ended the game with me on the losing end.  24 hours later would I have shaken his hand?  yes.

There have been Wren Easley basketball games so heated that at the end of the game the two teams were dismissed to the locker rooms without shaking hands.  Too much emotion.  They had to settle down first.

Sherman was real.  I just see it as real athletic emotion that can only be experienced.

As a side note:  I know nothing of pro football.  I just found out last night that the Seahawks are playing the Broncos.

- itri - 

pschriver

I agree. The media likes to blow things out of proportion (See Dabo vs. Spurrier) They just feel the need to create controversy. When you throw a microphone in front of a dude loaded with testosterone, jacked up on Skittles and Mountain Dew, anything might come out. The Jamis Winston interview is another good example.

I thought Sherman acted like a punk and I feel like he deserves the negative attention!

Being excited about winning one thing, but bashing another player and calling him "sorry" and then saying that you're the best player at your position in the league is absurd.  "To whom much is given, much is expected"  There is a certain responsibility that comes with playing pro sports and making millions.  You represent the NFL and your team and you are expected to display a certain level of sportsmanship-if not for any other reason--at least for all the kids that watch

tweisner

He's 25.  Anybody done anything stupid at 25?

What you described doesn't come naturally.  It comes with time through learning and life experiences.  Its developed.

I think he has the potential to be as you described.

But I still feel like he had everyday NFL football playing feelings after a game like that.  I don't think there was anything wrong with how he felt.  His mistake was not taking time to calm down before he was interviewed.  Will he have those same feelings again after big plays and winning big games?  Probably.  But he learned his lesson on verbalizing them to the world.

Did Crabtree display that certain level of sportsmanship by not shaking his hand?  I mean kids are watching...did he just tell all the kids to shove someone instead of shaking their hand after you lose a game?

To whom much is given, much is not expected...it is required.

Josh, we missed you at the party.  Everyone said how much that miss having you around here.  Haley told us how much you love being back in FL.  You won your age group.  You get a great tobbogan that you can sport around down there.  I hear it has been like 45 degrees.  Burrrr.  You could have used it sounds like.  You are still going to log in your races and stuff, correct?

- itri -